adopted plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mad_botanist, Sep 25, 2013.

1. I adopted a plant and it seems to be in the early stages.of flowering. I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything else about the plants or offer suggestions based.on the couple of pictures I have

2. where are the pics?

3. I'm trying to figure out how to post them. I am a beginner at forums as we'll as growing

4. Let's see a side-view

5. Ok, I'm at work now but I will post one this evening

6. Does the plant appear healthy?
    Should the plant begin to produce flowers like the one on top?
    I'm only using a 70 watt CFL for spectrum, and a 400 watt incandescent for heat, will this suffice?
    The room stats about 82 degrees 24/7, is that optimal?
    Anything I should do differently?
    When should I top this plant?

7. Also this plant was root bound with another plant that was damages by a dog and when I tried to separate the 2, I decided against it because of the roots. If they are both females will I be ok letting them hug it out as long as I transplant the 2 as needed?

8. #10 Doc Hollidaze, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    The plant does not look to be in too bad of shape, but she's starving, you'll definitely need to fertilize.  The 70 watt CFL is decent for growing, but you'll want to double that if possible.  Ditch the incandescent imo, they are terribly inefficient for growing.  82 degrees is fine for a day temp, but ideally you'd want cooler temps during the dark period.  

You should really try to find out if the plant is a photo-period or autoflowering strain so you can set your light cycle accordingly.  Also, don't top the plant...that's something you do in the veg stage; not while the plant is already flowering.  

9. The plant was initially outside and it's fall in Kentucky so I'm not sure if it is photoperiod or autoflower. I'm not sure how to tell as it is just something that was planted and the strain is unknown. It may have been forced to flower by outdoor light and fall weather... Any suggestions. I appreciate all of this input as I am very new to growing.

10. Any suggestions on fertilizers. Price isn't a serious issue... I want the good stuff since it's going on the company card.

11. Fox farm products. Ffof with a little perlite mixed in works wonders.

Just get a average sized bucket I.e 1-3 gallons,
    Pick up some recommended frets and repot her.
    If your doing indoor then throw her under 24 hrs( not needed but just to make sure ) then throw her back to reveg till she grows a bit if you want something worth flowering.
    All will be good :)
    Took clones from day 50 of flower and they reveged really well :)
    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

12. So by giving her 24 hours of light, will she throw herself back into veg if she's photoperiod?

13. Hey!!! That's my plant!!! It was removed from my house as a seedling and was put in foster care. How dare you adopt my plant! I want it back!

14. Not trying to beat a dead horse but I'm trying to take in as much knowledge as I can from all of you experienced growers. I just came across some osmocote plant and flower granules. Any input on the product? I will post a pic of the bottle and label later.

15. I appreciate the humor oldschool, any input relevant to the actual grow would also be greatly appreciated.

16. Not instantly but it'll be like sending a chemical message to her like " hey the season just started don't flower yet!"

You can keep her on 24 or 16/8 till your happy on how she re-vegged
    Then flip her back on the 12/12.

If she keep flowering under weeks of 24/0 then you have an auto my friend but I doubt it she looks more photo.
    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Ok the only thing I would suggest is to get it in a bigger pot. I am a simple grower. I throw a seed in soil, water it, walk away and let mother nature do it's thing. Today's growing is rocket science (which is good!). I am afraid I do not have much advice beyond that. I apologise. Please forgive me.

18. This forum is awesome!!! Every post raises more questions. She appears to be indica dominant strain, is that a fair assessment based on the pics? Any way to tell her strain or is that guesswork at this point? The other plant in the pot was damaged very bad but she appears to be doctoring herself up and producing new leaves. She is footboard with the healthy one, so should I let her live or kill her off, and should I remove her bad leaves so they don't drain nutrients?