Adjusting pH in Water

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Prettylights10, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Hey guys, im planning to feed my plants 3 gallon once a week and was wondering what is the easiest way to pH the water and how you adjust the water. Do you do it in a big bucket and do it all at once?

2. Hey man,
    First of all, you shouldn;t only be watering once a week in big amounts. Instead, you should water it equally once a day. Easiest way to pH is to buy a pH test kit at your local garden store, then buy some pH UP and pH DOWN to adjust it properly. Ideal pH in my opinion is 6.0-6.5. Others may say 5.5 to 6.5 . Just know that when growing, there is nothing more important than room temperature, pH, and adequate lighting.

3. Wow... wow....

If you water once a day in soil, you'll drown your plants.

Buy a PH pen, the simple PH testing kits are really useless for growing marijuana. You can snag a PH pen for under 20 bucks on amazon.

This will explain why you need your PH to be where it needs to be. If it's too low or too high, it'll lockout certain nutrients.

[​IMG]

4. Water when soil is dry. (You didn't mention hydro). If you are in soil look into organic feed. It is much more forgiving than chemical type feed. The pH will be more stable and you will not have trouble with salt build up from previous feedings. Try BioBizz or any seaweed based plant food. . . . . Use decent soil with perlite to help drainage and trap air in rootzone.

5. Really man? No need to hate on my methods. And I've grown soil multiple times and if your using the sun or an HID they can sometimes take up to 2 gallons a day, easy. Especially where I live in California when it gets up to 105F in the summer.

6. he seemed pretty mellow on his response. he was probably just shocked (as i am) that anyone would water daily. if you're watering every day, then something is amiss. but, that doesn't mean that it can't be done. i think in soil, watering should be when the medium is dry. under normal conditions, that's usually every three or four days, depending on conditions. if you're watering every day, then you're probably in a pretty small container. as for the original question, ph'ing plain water can be a pain. it's much easier to ph larger amounts of plain water than small. i'd do 5 or 10 gallons minimum.

7. If your going to buy a PH pen, which is what I would suggest, you might want to stay away from Eco Testr 2 from Oakton. I purchased one & it was replaced twice by Amazon in as many months.
    Might be a bad run of electronics or componets.
    Not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to save the OP some bucks:D
    Cheers

8. Typical of people on this forum, everyone thinks they are grow experts. "Watering every day then something is amiss?" NO, this is not correct unless your growing under weak lights such as CFLs. If you have adequate lighting like any true grower should, then YES, you can easily water plants in soil every day.

9. I wouldn't say standard ph kits are useless, I've had good grows using them, in fact I just got a ph pen recently and I still double check using my kit because I don't fully trust the pen,, if you can't afford a pen the kit is a cheap way to get in range, and yea personally never had ph problems using it

10. lol, start a poll of soil growers. ask how many water daily. i bet a shiny nickel that the number will be a single digit. i water/feed every day, sometimes twice. but i'm in coco.....

11. never water every day...unless you are in like a mostly perlite based medium... for just soil out of a bag, it will drown the plants for sure and end up with root rot. water large amounts every few days, usually once a week depending on pot size and how fast it dries out.

if you are watering small amounts every day...you will end up under watering it. the soil should be evenly saturated and let it dry out.

please post pics of your grows shabando? id like to see your results from watering every day...

12. get a cheap ph test kit, where you add water to a little container and add a few drips of the ph solution and you compare it to a label to have an idea where the ph is. if you can afford a good ph pen, its well worth the investment. add the water to a bucket if you need to drop or raise the ph and use ph up/down to adjust.