Adjusting 12/12 cycle to come on an hour earlier

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by txwhat, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Basically I want to be able to tend to the plants before 9 pm every night. Thought it was a good idea as I would be able to check on them in the morning as wel, but eh I'm over it.

If I turn them on an hour early and then keep them going 12/12, will that cause any unnecessary stress that could damage the plants? What would be the best way to accomplish my goal.

2. #2 blindbudsmoker, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010

i dont think this will impact any thing at all. if you are super worried drag it back 15 min at a time. we have had black outs for days where we are at and they pick up just fine from sitting in the dark a few days so seemingly to adjust a hour shouldnt be a issue.

3. ive had to do this many times...its not a big deal generally. i never experienced any shock.

if you're really worried then do this:
    if youre in veg then you dont need to worry if it gets too much light (it cant...anything over 18/6 is perfect)
    if youre in flowering then you can turn them on an hr later to compensate for the extended hr of time.

thats how i do it...if im in veg i dont care if they go off late or whatnot. if they are in flower i just leave them in the dark for the extra hr to allow them to stay up an hr later.

never a hermie.

its usually only a problem if this light schedule adjusting happens frequently or if you have light leaks.

4. I'm in a similar situation. I run my lights from midnight to noon, as I was until recently unemployed. Those hours were fine then, but now I'm working a new construction job and to be honest staying up into the 1:30-2:00 range makes it more difficult to be on site early the next morning.

I was wondering how to move this back an hour or two without stressing, and couldn't for the life of me figure how. Luckily you asked this question, and a potential solution appeared to me on your behalf. When your lights come on at night, adjust your timer so that it "thinks" its an hour or two later. This will make your lights go off that amount early, but your lights will come on at the newly chosen appropriate time without ever having to give your girls an extended photoperiod.

In fact, I'm doing this shit tonight.

Hope this helps (the both of us).

5. When you need to adjust the light schedule during flower, best to extend dark or shorten light, not to extend light. I recommend starting the dark cycle an hour early, not the light cycle.

6. yep, wha t the first poster said, its not a big deal.. the plants arent samart enough to notice a small difference. but from 18/6 to 12/12 they will notice for example. but not small changes... goodlcuk!