Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. I have 2 children, both have severe ADHD. My 9 y/o, is on Ritalin. My 6 y/o is on Quillivant. Both highly expensive medications, with horrible side effects.
    Both of them have lost weight, aren't gaining a pound. Horrible mood swings when the medication wears off. The side effects are endless. However, both when not on medication, are having horrible times at school. We live in Missouri, so medical marijuana isn't legal. My Question is, how many mothers have switched from prescription drugs, to the more natural remedies? I'm so anxious over this. Between teacher emails about how they aren't achieving, how horrible their behaviors are. We have been through 3 medications with my 6 y/o daughter. 6years old!!!! She's been at 39 pounds for a year now, yes, we try everything food wise. She's on a high protein diet, pediasures, protein bars for snacks, peanut butter on almost everything.... with no weight gain. Once het medication wears off, shes on an emotional train ride. The same with my son. In need of answers!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. @Smw081288
    Unfortunately we can only discuss Cannabis on this site and talk of Pet or Children dosing will bring the moderators around to close the thread and possibly ban the original poster.
    Taylor your text accordingly to prevent such actions.
    However.
    Let's see what we can do and stay in the boundaries set on the site. I think we can talk in generalities and not cross to many lines.
    I've got my own medical issue and they are compounding as I age as most of us find later in life.
    3 rounds of abdominal surgeries left me a mess of scar tissue and I use huge amounts of Cannabis oil to keep my pain in check.
    While cannabis isn't the magical cure all it can and does work for many people on a very wide range of unassociated medical issues and only empirical testing will tell one way or the other if it will help with your individual symptoms.
    Your in a double blind situation as giving your child an illegal medication would be very much against the law in red states like the one your in.
    You wouldn't be the first parent to change states in an effort to find a workable medication for their child.
    I can only imagine how agonizing it must be and the total frustration with the medical profession-industry.
    I've had 3 rounds of major hospitalizations and know all to well how the system works. Or doesn't as the case may be.
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    My side thread has simple direction on making Cannabis oil should you decide to create some adult use oil.
    Procuring the initial material will be the hardest initial challenge and the cooking does stink something fierce.
    PM me if you need more detailed help making oil.
    A bit of web searching turned up a few recommending children's Doctors in my home state of California so that would put you on the legal side of things.
    California cannabis and childrens medication - Google Search
    So some Doctors here are writing recommendations for users under 18 years of age.
    BNW

3. here is a report on how we make natural cannabis like compounds from our omega fats eaten in diet... if you can establish a diet consisting of these it could help the side effects etc...
    http://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf

4. I am clinically diagnosed with ADHD (combined type) I don't take anything right now due to having bad outcomes with pills. I used to be on ritalin and depakote when I was a teen (90s)

Mmj had up and downs..I feel it is horrible for adhd and anxiety.

5. Permafrost is the best for adhd in my opinion

6. strains with beta caryophyllene will have the opposite effect on anxiety etc... or titrating cannabis dosage with beta caryophyllene.... some D-limonene too for anxiety

7. I was diagnosed with adhd at the age of 12, and took adderall for 6 years after that. At 18, I felt that the costs of taking adderall outweighed the benefits and decided to find a more gentle, holistic approach to my dilemma. Along with a good (almost perfect) diet, herbal remedies & supplements, exercise and (especially) meditation, cannabis also helps me to live my best life. Personally, I enjoy consuming and smoking indica marijuana strains. If I eat well and exercise, I don't get tired. Indicas mellow me out but don't affect my thinking the way sativas do; I find that sativas exacerbate distraction and hyper-focus. My concentration improves after smoking indica, and also, I feel an overall sense of calm and balance. I can't do shit when I smoke sativas haha.

I suggest trying out a good indica if mental hyper-activity is a symptom.

8. Did you try to seek an advice from adhd expert? or consultant ?? I think it would be much better if you go a medication therapy from adhd clinic. Hope I was able to help you