Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ADHD strains

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Happyjack13, Dec 13, 2010.

1. I was about 9 years old when I had a psychiatrist study me for 6 months, and write up a full report on my ADHD. Basically, I was studied. I was put on some medication (which I HATED) and stayed on it for about 4 years, when I decided I would stop. Shortly after, I discovered Marijuana, and have been self-medicating with it ever since.

Now the question I have is this, what strains are out there that help a lot with ADHD? I have read the G-13 haze has a lot of focusing/uplifiting properties that will assist with my ADHD, but there has to be other strains I can look into that will assist me.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

2. Blue dream :hello: It's the PERFECT sativa high to get work done, clean the house, do some homework, focus on listening/ making music, anything productive really!

3. Aaah. Why Would You Stop Takin Aderall!? Lol, But For My ADHD Really, All Srains Seem To Be The Same To Me... Idk, I Havent Tried Everything... Or Blue Dream So Ill Definatly Have To Check That Out :D

4. Green Crack is the only strain that has ever helped me study and not just distracted me.

5. Adderall really makes me depressed when I take it for extended periods of time. It gives me that rush to do a ton of shit when I take it every so often, but when you take it every morning on a regular basis, it starts to fuck with your head. Makes you think WAY to much, and not in the way that bud makes you think. I'd much rather calm myself down with the all natural approach rather than the RX approach.

I'll look into some Blue Dream, and Green Crack. I need to research the G-13 more too. Does anyone know if any of this are good outdoor grows in Michigan? (I mean, I know there isn't TOO much for good outdoor growing in Michigan, but it for sure is possible!) I need to find a good outdoor strain for next year.

And one last thing, is there anywhere anybody could navigate me either on this website, or online, that will give me some good information about different strains and their reactions?

6. Exactly how I feel when I take mine like I'm "supposed to."

A couple hits > adderall. I have noticed certain types of bud work better than others for the focusing part, but they all work :smoke:

7. as long as it does not bring that Paranoia feeling or raise my anxiety its perfect for my ADHD obviously. Really love TGA Jillybean for that

8. Idk About You Guys But I Usually Only Get That Paraniod Feeling When Im Smoking Schwag... :/

9. holy shit dude you just read my mind, ive been taking that shit every morning ever since i was in third grade up until about a year ago it was fucking with my head soo much i thought i was literally going crazy, and gave me a really bad anxiety disorder. fuck that shit

10. unless u got good connections to blue dream and green crack clones i doubt u could get them cuz they are clone only elite california strains. some people even have troble getting there strain cuz they are that good.

11. #11 xsploit, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2010
    You need a really kick ass sativa,like kali mist. There is a strain called adhd too lol. I have add and i might goto the doc soon for my medical marijuana card in Canada. Adhd is on the list of symptoms of the type 2 category. In the states i seen a doctor talk about adhd on youtube and he prescribes it too for adhd. Cannabis is way better then the meth they give,i couldn't eat or sleep,at school i was starving but i was hungry and it was weird,now that i am 21 i notice my add more and Cannabis helps slow down my thoughts. Before i used weed just to get high,but now it has more meaning. Lately i've been hving panic/anxiety attack due to my friends dog,which is a big rotweiller/shepard that snapped at my when they first got him from the spca,so even since then my anxiety has been up when i'm there and its bit be 3 or 4 pother times so yeah.

12. Check my stash lol , Im nowhere near the west coast and I definitely do stay smokin green crack and blue dream. and the mean green shit whatever it came as it was blue dream x green crack. We even had blackberry kush over here. Genetics get around i suppose.

13. pics??? haha

14. Ahh, I wish ADHD was on the list of symptoms in the US. Another bummer, along with Ohio not having legalized medical yet. :(

15. Kids already have it prescribed for them in the USA LOL. So it's possible

16. I have a stash thread somewhere on here lol. Im sure youd enjoy it . 30 + strains.

17. does n e one know how well edibles work for concentration or is smoking the best way? I also have a vaporizer. no2 portable vap.

im new to this whole smoking to actually treat a problem. just got out of the marines and i use to smoke just recreationally prior to service.

i have only ever taken pills to help with my adhd and after reading some of these forums i decided i want to try pot in a none abusive way to help with concentrating for school work and such. thanks for advice
    :wave:

18. Good sativa strains have always helped me relax and focus. As for being paranoid you get that with every strain not just shwag... It's all about what's going on in your life.

Marijuana > ADHD Medicine (Adderal/Vyvanse/Ritalin

I really stress to other people not to abuse those pills. I have had prescriptions and taken them every morning like I was supposed to and it fucks with you. Really suggest not doing it. No degree or job is worth the anxiety those pills create. In moderation they aren't that bad of a thing but when you're going on binges it will mess with you. Fuck those doctors.

19. Personally, I find indicas to be PERFECT supplements for daily use. If I eat well and exercise, I don't get tired. (side note:: nutrition plays a significant role in our moods and cognitive functioning. eating well is a MUST if treating adhd without pharmaceuticals) Indicas mellow me out but don't affect my thinking the way sativas do; I find that sativas exacerbate distraction and hyper-focus. My concentration improves after smoking indica, and also, I feel an overall sense of calm and balance.

I suggest trying out a good indica if mental hyper-activity is a symptom

20. OP is 9 years old & they haven't been online since 2014...