Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ADHD and medical marijuana?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Pokedrake, Mar 22, 2014.

1. I have been diagnosed with ADHD for 3 weeks now, i'm on a 60mg dose of vyvanse currently (Started at 20mg). I have lost alot of weight due to the side effects of the pill. I have also not been able to get to sleep and have very odd vivid dreams of shadow people. I'm only 15 and i wanted to see if i would be eligible for a green card in Arizona. My mom maybe open to the idea she is very worried about my health and wellbeing. I cant think of other options beside mmj. Im talking about the use if mmj for my side effects (Not sleeping/eating) not for my ADHD.

2. You have to be 18 to be on here, but fuck vyvanse that shit is meth with a perscription

3. Bad news first- Sweetie, you are going to be banned for being under-age. I won't report you, but one of the mods WILL notice. :wave: Come back when you are 18, and GC will welcome you with open arms!

More bad news-

http://azmarijuana.com/news/arizona-medical-marijuana-qualifying-conditions-patients/

To qualify as a patient in Arizona, a person must have one of the following qualifying conditions:
    • - Cancer
    • - Glaucoma
    • - Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
    • - Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
    • - Hepatitis C
    • - Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
    • - Crohn's disease
    • - Agitation of Alzheimer's disease
    • - A chronic or debilitating disease, medical condition or the treatment that causes:
      1. <li>Cachexia or wasting syndrome;\t
      2. Severe and chronic pain;\t
      3. Severe nausea; Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy;\t
      4. Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
      </li>

So hon, I am sorry, but you do not qualify in Arizona. In California, you would have no problem, but at 15, you can't just pick up and move!

The good news? I have a huge collection of MMJ studies and articles that show how cannabis helps with ADHD! You can at least get Mom on board with the idea by showing her the medical evidence.  To get a free copy of "Granny Storm Crow's List" just check out the bottom of my sig and email me!  In the List you will find interesting things like these-

Fitness to drive in spite (because) of THC      (abst - 2007)
    http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/ebm/record/17879702/abstract
    /%5BFitness_to_drive_in_spite__because__of_THC%5D

Dr. Jean Talleyrand Says Marijuana Safer than Ritalin for ADHD Teens   (news – 2010)
    http://spotlight.vitals.com/2010/01/dr-jean-talleyrand-says-marijuana-safer-than-ritalin-for-adhd-teens/

Can Marijuana Calm Symptoms of ADHD?   (news – 2013)
    http://www.leafscience.com/2013/10/11/can-marijuana-calm-symptoms-adhd/

Hope to hear from you soon!

Granny

STOP IT NOW!!!! You don't have ADHD. The effects you describe are that of amphetamine psychosis. You on tweaked on meth right now. Don't bother with weed, stop taking those damn pills!

5. much to high of a doasge i know this is an old forum but but no one said the obvious .... im not trying to be a dick but no one said to lower the prescition 60mg jesus thats higher then the max dose i can get. 3 weeks and they tripled ur medication whos ur doctor there crasy and are going to stop ur heart

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 WandrinPat, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014

You are no more qualified to diagnose ADHD on an online forum than most teachers who tell a kid's parents that they have ADHD.  
    YOU stop.   What you said is likely to be true, but telling someone that they DON'T have it without a diagnostic test is irresponsible and possibly dangerous.  

Sometimes, an MD will just experiment around with different meds and dosages till  they "get it right".  Most of the meds ARE methamphetamines or have a similar  chemical makeup.  Some of them cause really horrible side-effects.   

Young man, have a diagnostic test done by a qualified psychological testing facility, if you haven't already.  If you were diagnosed by a school teacher because they consider your behavior disruptive, they are the ones being irresponsible.  They are not qualified to diagnose you.  You may simply be bored in class. 

My personal experience with ADD at the age of 62 (I've had it all my life) is that high-CBD strains of cannabis SEEM to at least not make it worse. I prefer Tora Bora.   Most of the successful meds (ie, they actually help with your ADHD) are also not good for your body, as others have alluded to. 

Consider reading "You mean I'm not lazy, stupid or crazy?"... Many books on ADD/ADHD focus on learning "coping strategies".   Another good one is "Driven to Distraction" (and other books by Edward Hallowell)

PS... living in Colorado, I've met several families who have moved here just to have a child or other family member treated with something like "Charlotte's Web" or some other high CBD  strain ... IT seems to be the "miracle drug". If my kid needed it, and I lived in Arizona, I'd freakin move!