Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ADHD and medical marijuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Pokedrake, Mar 22, 2014.

1. \t\t<div style="margin:0px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);">\tI have been diagnosed with ADHD for 3 weeks now, i'm on a 60mg dose of vyvanse currently. I have lost alot of weight due to the side effects of the pill. I have also not been able to get to sleep and have very odd vivid dreams of shadow people. I'm only 15 and i wanted to see if i would be eligible for a green card in Arizona. I cant think of other options beside mmj.
    \tIm talking about the use if mmj for my side effects (Not sleeping/eating) not for my ADHD
    \t
    \t
    </div> 

2. There's really no saying of you will or not.
    The doctors and society for the most part are still very touchy on the subject of mmj for minors or kids. So it will take a while but you have to show them that you really want and will benefit from mmj.
    Also you need to be 18 to be here but since this is a mmj question I can be chill with it everyone deserves to have access to medicine.

3. I to have A.D.D, and while the medication I'm currently taking (20 mg adderal 2x a day) doesn't have the effect of losing appetite or insomnia, I recommend talking with your doctor and ask for a non stimulate medication. I have heard strattera is a better choice if you have negative side effects from using the stimulant.

4. You'd have to talk to your parents and your doctor. If you have parents who are against marijuana, good luck...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Isn't it bad to mix amphetamines with bud

6. #6 iVapeTooMuch, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    :hello:

I smoke on 1/5. I was always taught to reduce fractions.

7. Unfortunately, theres nothing in the arizona mmj rules about conditions of the mental variety. You can only get it here if you have chronic pain or have aids, or a cancer patient.

8. I to take vyvanse for my adhd. It doesn't actually cause weight loss though, it makes you feel like your not hungry so you lose weight from not eating. You basically need to make yourself eat. For the sleep loss try a all natural supplement called melatonin, it pretty much gives your body more of the brain chemical that tells you it's time to sleep. This is how I've dealt with the issues, I don't know if medical bud would be good in this case.

9. If i try to force my self to eat i throw up and get really nauseous. I have used melatonin for a couple of years and it doesnt help that much anymore i wake up with a bad headache after use.  

10. Quite surprised no one has played mini-moderator yet.

11. Shadow people=Sleep paralysis?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. maybe you should stop taking the vyvanse....

13. Nah dude I'm pretty sure in any state they only give green cards to minors if they have like cancer or aids. 

14. In wa you can't get it for that. There are strains that help.. But as long as I live here... I can only self medicate illegally.
    So unfortunately probably not, OP :(

15. #15 Dr fumbles, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    Your on doctor prescribed meth and wondering why you can't eat and sleep. ADHD isn't a real thing just like Add. Just chemical imbalances in the brain that are over classified and diagnosed as 1 fake disease. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I wS 7 and not saying there isn't a difference in some people including myself but it isn't a disease or disorder. We just have different ways of looking at things if you truly even do have add or adhd

16. I say stop taking that shit and smoke some weed man you will get your appetite and sleep back

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Grasscity Forum mobile app