Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Adding to joints.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 16hours, Jul 3, 2011.

1. I've heard of adding honey to blunts,but are there any ways to add flavor or anything else to joints?

2. The bud should have all the flavor you need.

3. I always thought adding honey to blunts was to help seal it, since they dont have stickies/they suck. Never done it for flavor. Shouldnt need to flavor it anyway in my mind... I wasnt even upset when they banned flavored blunt wraps here in cananda.

4. Dont add honey to blunts i dont think your supposed to inhale burning sugar..., add a little bit of vanilla or strawberry pipe tobacco to a joint, tastes great.

5. If you can roll really well, it shouldn't be hard to do, i do it all the time.

Step 1: Roll the blunt
    Step 2: Get honey on your fingers and rub it on the blunt/joint
    Step 3: let it dry for 30 to 45 minutes (if it is still really sticky let it dry longer)
    Step 4: Enjoy your delicious blunt/joint

It makes it burn slower, and it tastes delicious. Good luck, bruh

6. Dude... your sig is FUCKING AWESOME!!!

7. The purpose of honey on a blunt is to make it burn slower. Not something I'd recommend. As other posters have said, let the bud do the flavoring.

8. Would syrup work as a substitute?

9. wtf I wouldnt want to smoke with you if you mix honey in your Js

you do know smoking sugar is dangerous?

10. I did,but many people swear by it.

11. Haven't heard anything about how safe these are and I never used them but Juicy Jays makes flavor drops now.

12. Bump,need advice on this

13. Dude nothing bad will happen unless you smoke hunny blunts er' day, just try it once.

14. #14 spagettimnstr, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
    You shouldn't have a problem. The unbalanced equation for the combustion of sucrose (the sugar found in honey) is:
    C12H22O11 + O2 ---> CO2 + H2O

The products are simply carbon dioxide and steam, both of which are in the atmosphere; both of which we breathe every minute of our lives. Breathing in burnt sugar is harmless and smoking a honey-flavored joint is many times more healthy than smoking a blunt with tobacco in it. Guys, please do research before answering questions, don't just guess! :smoke:

EDIT: There's actually more glucose in honey than sucrose. The products of the combustion of glucose are still carbon dioxide and steam, given that sucrose and glucose are both comprised of a network of carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen atoms. So, you're still safe.

15. Believe what you want. If you want to breath in little caramel drops.

16. I'm just pointing out the chemistry, which is what I believe.

17. well if you'd like to add flavor you have a couple options. you can put tobacco flavoring on it (common tactic to make bud smell fruitier than it really is), or you can buy some flavored papers that help a bit. i usually used flavored papes when i'm dry and decide to smoke some post-vaped bud. otherwise it tastes like shit.

18. Correct me if im wrong, but is this not the equation for complete combustion? which you would definitely not achieve in the ember of a blunt. This means there will be trace amounts of carbon monoxide as well, which we all know is a poison.

Once again: correct me if im wrong, i awlays hated chemistry hahah

19. It's a possibility, but as far as I know, incomplete combustion is usually caused by the lack of enough oxygen to completely oxidize the reactants and create CO2. In this case, there could be some carbon monoxide created. But I find it improbable that there be a lack of oxygen when you're burning a joint paper, given that oxygen surrounds it. To be on the safe side, I would do what Jakkshadd suggested and integrate the honey into the paper, thus providing a more complete combustion than just smearing raw honey into the joint.

20. I always dip my joints in a thick coating of marmalade before lighting it.

You know, to increase the flavor, I would hate actually tasting the weed.