Adding nuits to soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chronofan1973, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Hey there. I'm on my third, indoor grow box grow. I only grow small for myself and one small auto lasts me ages. My soil usually has the nuits in it that start my plant off for first 5/6 weeks however my current soil has no nuits. So when should I add my own?? I use bio grow (veg and flower)
    Thanks in advance

2. If your soil has no nutes then you need to watch your plants VERY closely for a slight yellowing, as soon as you see that it is time to give your girls a feed.

3. What the above said and use the recommended dose as a max amount guidance. Start of with 30-40% of the recommended dose and work your way up over the weeks. You would be suprised how effective just 50% is.

4. Yes, you need to add nutrients if you want bigger plants and better harvests IMHO

I love Advanced Nutrients, but since you're new to this, make sure you start out with the smallest possible dose and then move it up if you like what you see.

Or just wait until your plants look hungry, though that can sometimes mean they're already beyond help.

Good luck!!!!

5. #5 chef423, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012

What he said...

Most is not all 'Feeding Schedules' you see from any line/brand of nutrients are way to much for your plant/s. Cut it in half (recommended dosage), and more than often, you can cut that by another 20-30% or so...less is more with MJ, to start anyway..some strains can really handle high doses..some, just a little and they are fine...you have to gauge that part, and its alot of work to get it finite. Its why I recommend to grow the same strain every time for beginners/novice...if you are please with the smoke overall that is...in-turn you can really grow with every harvest, so to speak ;)

'Good lighting & Cooling' with a clean water supply...I cannot stress those 2 enough.

My faucet water is 8 ppm with a very low Alkalinity...mountain run off...if you have city water, chances are you need an RO to clean it up....ok, im done now :)

One more thing, make sure your runoff (always feed 20% over the 'just enough' mark) and check the pH of your water...make sure you are in the range. :)

Luck!

Chef