Adding Neem cake to a cooking soil mix.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Bryce61, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Hows everybody?
    Many of you have seen my post asking about my soil mix .A couple people questioned the basic mix percentages, concerened about the drainage. Also, at the time I hadn't recieved my neem cake order yet.
    I'll repost my basic mix for help. More drainage? Less drainage? What will help? ect.
    My main concern is that my Neem cake order came in and my mix has already been cooking for a week or two. How much do you think I should add to a 21 gallon batch? I have a shitload of nutrient and mineral amendments w/biology. I dont want to over do it with the Neem. All thoughts would be welcome. Thanks brothers.

2. The basic mix is as follows...
    5 gal Peat
    5gal perlite
    4 gal fresh EWC
    3 gal of homemade compost

3. 12 cup per cubic foot is what is recommended by the no-till recipe that is very widely used by GC blades. The recipe is in the no-till revisited thread in the organic section on GC. I personally buy bagged soil that has neem in it already and I just go with that, but your situation is different than mine. I have a recipe that I use to rejuvenate the soil as you recycle it. Would you like that recipe? I can put it up for you if you want. Hope this helps. Best of luck!

4. I talk neem all the time I talk fungi too

you need to ask how important is the fungi bloom in your mix?

for me its vital ..consider what neem cake is adding to your concoction

I'd keep the neem for dealing with external bugs and fungi

good luck

5. Lol, that's supposed to be 1/2 cups per cubic foot, not 12 cups.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. never mind I see you already corrected

• Like Like x 2
  7. Your mix should work fine. I'd add some more perlite. I'd suggest following the recipe in the No till gardening revised link I'll post below. Reading the first few pages of that link will help you out.. I'll also post ScOObyDOObies link, almost everything you could possible have a question about can be found there. These two threads will have you growing plants well and learning a lot. As always happy growing and don't be afraid to ask questions.
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited
    All Organic Recipes and Notes Compilation

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. That compilation thread really condenses and collates, I'm a big fan.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks a lot guys for the help. When I add this batch to the mix of my current grow, I should be fine. I'll add a bit of perlite or lava rock for the drainage and....Bingo!

• Like Like x 1