Adding Moss to Soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WeedMan4201998, Jul 16, 2019.

1. I live near a Civil War Site and I hike there almost every weekend, on these hikes I see an abundance of moss growing on rocks/trees and am currently about to start a new Grow. I am currently doing a round of Compost but it will not be done in time, I add the moss to the compost. I'm wondering if I can mix in some of the Moss to my soil/perlite mix to help with aeration and add a small amount of water retention for nutrients? I'll upload a pic of the moss later. I'm not sure of the type, I believe it to be peat.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I can’t see the moss doing anything unless it’s dried. If you wanna use it to keep water in that would work. Just apply a layer of loss on top ur soil to block light from hitting the actual soil.

3. I bet there’s all kinds of good microbes in there. Use it as a mulch/top dress or brew a tea with a scoop of EWC or chicken manure

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. How do I go about making the Tea?

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Throw it in a bucket of water with an air pump. Aerate in the dark for 24-36 hrs and use immmediately. Your just getting billions of microbes all happy and awake and feeding them to your plants root system. Your next watering will be food for the microbes so they can do their work. If you use commercial fertilizer they may kill your microbes but they have their advantages too. It just depends how you want to grow

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1