adding more plants to flowering room??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thefr3shone, Mar 10, 2009.

1. I am just at about the 3 week mark for flowering in my bag seed grow which also happens to be my first grow ever. i only ended up with one female but she is budding nicely. I have six smaller plants (bag seed again) that I have been vegging for around 3-4 weeks but I now need the veg room to start some actual feminized good genetic seeds from greenhouse.

will moving these 6, 4-week old plants into the flowering stage around halfway through the other plants flowering affect the yield of the first plant significantly? I don't intend to flower all six i haven't even sexed yet because none have shown anything but obviously i will need to put all six under initially to get them to show sex at least. my flowering light is a 400 watt hps

2. 400w is enough light for several plants, especially if they arent that big yet. go ahead and throw them in there

3. will do thanks for the advice bro + rep

4. Just keep an eye on the new ones if they seem to be stretching to much try training them so you dont have to raise the light. As with bag seed they could be sativa dom and want to get huge.

5. #5 Klutter, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    Ahhh, good ole perpetual grow. It's truly the way to get it goin my friend. Every week or two pull 1 plant out and add another one in. Keeps the bud flowin.

But in your situation it sounds to me like you have bagseed flowering, and also REAL genetic seeds that you're wanting to add in there. Personally, I'd move that bagseed plant out of the way and arrange the true seeds to get the optimal light. Then, try and find a place to stick the bagseed one.

I mean think about it: If you were grilling squirrel meat on the BBQ, and got some Kobe steaks...which one would you give the most heat/attention to?

I also would HIGHLY recommend you keep an eye on that bagseed plant as she continues to flower. It is VERY typical for regs to simply be hermi-plants...and thus the chances of a bagseed plant going hermi is about 75-85% IMHO.

I also would recommend that once they are sexed you do NOT pull out the fems and re-veg them. Instead, CLONE THEM. Leave those ladies in the flowering room and just snip off a couple clones of each.

This way - you wont have to wait the 2-3 weeks for her to switch from flower to re-veg, you wont shock her, you will still have the same genetics in your veg room AND...the best part.... in 60 days you'll have REAL BUD!

Can ya tell I'm about ready to jump up and cheer? hahaha....

6. yeah i would imagine stretching might be a problem as I have had to raise the flowering light numerous times to keep up with the new growth on my flowering plant

so you suggest i lst them?

7. will try it out thanks for the input kabosh