Adding more light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dustinsin, Aug 17, 2011.

1. #1 Dustinsin, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
    I have decided to add a 400 watt mh to my flower tent to boost growth a little. I already have a 600 watt hps in there. My question is about one plant that has been in there for 9 and a half weeks with only the 600 watt. will this mess up the plant in any way? i plan to chop it in the next week. I want to go ahead and give the 3 young plants that have been in the flower tent for only 1 day the boost of the extra 400 watts for the next 2 months. I really cant wait to see the difference between 600 and 1000 watts. Please tell me what you think.

Thank you!

2. Bump*
    Anyone out there?

3. I would just wait till you harvest the older plant. Then turn on the other light.

4. won't hurt anything.

5. Definitely wouldn't hurt, but also wouldn't be too beneficial at this point. 600W is enough for 4 plants. Still, get the MH for future vegging, you won't be disappointed.

6. as long as you can keep the heat managed the plant will love the extra 400w.. if you are already running an a/c unit you should be fine, if not i highly suggest adding one to your grow.

7. Hey everyone thanks for the responses. I already have a 10000btu ac unit. The temp goes up a tad from the extra bulb. Well ive seen the result of the 600 watt, now I want to see the 1000watt.