adding lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ecoterror, Mar 21, 2006.

1. I just bought a 1000 watt hps. I have 800 watts of floro now and want to add the hps. i have 9 w/w about a foot and a half tall now. I want to let them get a little bigger before i flower them. can i just add the light all at once or should i try to do it gradualy. i was kinda concerned that i might shock them if i do it all at once

2. Those plants are pretty mature but, I would watch them closely when switching lights. I am sure you already know this but, make sure you have a good fan blowing over the plants. Also, keep the 1000 watter at least 18 inches from the tops, 24-36 inches would be better at first.

3. 1000w hps wont cover 9 plants 1.5ft tall before flowering. and ur gonna find that augmentation of flouro's isnt gonna cut the mustard.

but it sounds like ur kinda a newbie anyhow so it will be a good learning experence.

and i like ur name, i think we need more ecoterror. either we have it from ourselves or mommanature us gonnd rain it down like Zeus' thunder...

4. thanks for the advise, so i guess i can just add the light with out shocking them too much. cooling is not a problem because it will be in a glass bottom box that is basicly a swamp cooler (i live in a very dry climate)