Adding lights to late flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BingB0ngs, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Would it benefit at this point? Im day 47 into flowering (from12/12 switch). Currently using a 600w HPS on the superlumens setting. Wanted to add 2 blurple "1200" watt LEDs. Not worried about temps i have that under control just wondering if its pointless at this time or not

Sent from my SM-G960W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'm not sure it would be worth it unless you are adding it to reach places the hps doesn't..how many watts do the leds consume?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. 200 real watts from the wall for each light

4. Would you even have the room for that?

5. .that's 4'x4' correct? How long do you 'plan' on flowering? If youve still got 2 1/2- 3 weeks left I would add them. It will make a difference..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I would make it work its a 4ftx4ft tent

7. Yea 4x4. I dont think I have that much longer to flower so Ill probably not add the leds. They are the lights in my veg tent

8. Well shit go for it. Just keep us posted

9. Man im thinking about adding my led now, i have a couple weeks left as well and i have a platinum p600 that when you flip just the bloom switch it puts out all red leds, no other color

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tonight when my lights come on im hanging the LEDS, I realized I have a bit longer before I can chop so I dont think it will hurt. I dont have the bloom switch its just on or off reds and blues

• Like Like x 1
  11. Heres a pic of the leds hung in ghe flowering tent. Used a lux meter and all areas of canopy are now getting 48000-67000 lux. Hoping to develop those lower/side buds a litttle more in these last days. Temp shot up a bit to 80 but was running exhaust fan at half speed cranked it up to full going to check again in about an hr or so. The vent on the left is pulling fresh air directly from outside through a window. 20190623_231141.jpg 20190623_232917.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. I like that man, if it were a 3x3 that 600 would be perfect because your canopy would fill the whole space .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thank you man, I wasnt sure how big my plants would get during flowering so I went with the 4x4. Next run im going to train the plants better and ill have 8 females assuming all the seeds germ, bigger canopy. Appreciate the feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bigger is always better. Lol. I would say even if you filled the canopy with a couple more, I would leave them bad boys in there, from flower to finish would completely maximize that space and give you some real thickins. Experience is vital. Cheers bud .

• Like Like x 1
  15. More is better. I wouldn't buy anything though. I'd also somehow try to let it acclimate over a few days either by dimmer or by closeness.

• Like Like x 1
  16. No I didnt buy them just to add them they are the lights from my veg tent. I didnt do any of that i just threw em in there same distance as the hps and switched them on. Plants dont seem to mind the extra light but now that you mention it maybe i should have eased the lights in.