Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

adding kief to hot tea?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by grasstity, May 22, 2012.

1. thinking about what to do with all that kief in my grinder. i tried smoking it before which worked.. but i was wondering if i can put it in tea and drink it.

i'm talking about fresh hot tea from the boiling water to a cup with a tea bag. would that make me trip?

2. I know there's a way to do this but you need an oil in the tea. Keep searching.

3. it won't work !

4. dont waste the precious kief on that it wont do anything and would be a complete waste. SmOke that shit!!!

5. #7 BadKittySmiles, May 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
    Check the CannaPharm sticky in the edible section, the first page is just about dedicated to making oil with dry-sift and kief. :)

As others have suggested, if you want to absorb and feel much (or any) of your potency, you will want to make an oil or a tincture,
    to add to your favorite tea or beverage. :hello:

You can substitute clarified butter for the oil, in any of the recipes in the above link.

Just keep in mind that coconut oil delivers cannabinoids to the body more efficiently and much more rapidly, and directs a larger portion
    for further conversion through the liver, changing your D9THC into the more powerful 11-OH-THC.

Don't worry.. it's easy! Whatever little time you have, it's best spent using a pure 'edible solvent' if you want to make the most progress.

Plus, the best oils and tinctures are odor-free and can be much more 'discreet' than smoking, which is handy if you're in an
    apartment, a dorm, or under any other shared living arrangements. :cool:

Oil can potentially sit on the surface of your tea when it is made without lecithin; this aids in potency delivery and doubles as an
    emulsifier (blends foods which, otherwise, would not evenly blend).
    But it's not at all unpleasant even when it floats, and it's highly effective. A glycerin tincture blends very evenly and easily, and
    keep in mind when considering sugar, that it will sweeten your tea. :p

If you don't start with pure oil, and if you have any water contamination when working with your canna, this is what makes foul,
    'vegetative', and bitter tasting oil, drinkables, and edibles..

That water not only dilutes your glandular solvent, but it pulls in all the inert, unnecessary plant matter and salts which we want
    to avoid! That goes for the water content in milk and cream, too. These are very poor solvents.

Even the best canna milks, which are used to cream tea and coffee, or are sipped as-is, begin with pure milk fat... in other words,
    not just butter, but pure clarified butter or milk oil is used to make a canna butter or ghee, first!
    The clarified hash or canna oil, is then reincorporated back into the milk product of the makers choice.

We use the 'edible solvents' we do, not just because they effectively strip glandular material from the inert plant matter, but
    more importantly, because they are responsible for facilitating the absorption of that potency.
    Meaning that if you want to actually absorb your potency, then you need to process in a bioavailable solvent such as an oil,
    glycerin or alcohol, until a solution is made, first.

Otherwise, the vast majority of your potency goes 'in one end, and out the other', passing through your tract without absorption
    or delivery to the blood stream!

I'll finish up with some fun hash oil and tincture 'drinkable' pics, to get your creativity going, many of their recipes can also
    be found in the CannaPharm :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good luck, and have fun! :smoke: :wave:

6. Just smoke it instead of wasting it..

7. No. But a little bit of cannabutter in reg black tea..OH MY GOD. I always drank butter with tea because it keeps the throat lubricated (don't say it...), because smoking can irritate my throat at times. Then I realized I had cannabutter in my fridge. I added it to my tea and tripped balls. Not only did I taste nothing, but I was still feeling it hours later. Intense! :smoke:

8. No, it won't make you trip. Or stoned for that matter.

9. hash nog ?

I'd do anything .

10. The edibles/drinks skills on show here are absolutely incredible.