adding insult to injury

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by no comment, Oct 8, 2009.

1. recently my mother killed herself. she did it while no one was home, she filled her lungs with smoke from the muffler of the car. i dont want to hear sorrys or anything like that, thats not the point of the story. i knew it was coming for a long time because she was very ill. heroin and such. but anyway, the real kicker of this is the cops arrived before any of my family found out. and the first thing they did was raid my entire house.

i live on the third floor, and when the cops went in my room they found my medicali bong, my space case grinder, a couple bowls, bubblers, some shitty plastic bongs, stems i had been saving for over a year. no actual bud, but they dont give a fuck. they took all of it. everything i had. i dont have a record, ive never been caught with drugs. i smoke inside of my house in the privacy of my home. but they took all of it. ive spent so much money on that shit, money ive earned. those scumbags are probably smoking out of my shit right now.

they called me when i found out. i was at my girlfriends house, they made my dad call me and put me on the phone, they wanted my girlfriends information as well as mine. they said 'we confiscated your paraphernalia, we havent decided if we're pressing charges yet' OH. THANKS. 'hey yr mom just died, AND we took your shit, but we're nice guys so we MIGHT not charge you' assholes.

not only that, but they also confiscated the suicide note my mother left. they refused to give it back for three weeks. what if there were arrangement she wanted for her funeral in there? what right do those fucking pieces of shit have. people ask me why i hate cops, and i could go on for hours. i honestly cant stand those scumsuckers. even the nice ones, they signed up for this shit. they have to blindly follow rules they might not even believe in. but they have to enforce them anyway. cops are just socially accepted nazis.

2. I feel you man, seems like most people here have been hurt by the police in one way or another. Seems like you got hit rough though. Dont let them get the best of you, keep on toking so long as you can. Hopefully you arent in a state that gets automatic conviction for paraphernalia like florida i think.

3. im in jersey, ive talked to people from other states and it seems like we have THE worst cops in the world. they're all bored little suburb cops that have nothing better to do than fuck with young people.

4. That's fucking awful dude, I'm sorry

5. its called a lawyer... get one and sue... they definitly could not search ur house or confiscate a suicide note

6. I'm with Blazeitup420, they have no right to do that.. fuck the po-po, fucking nazis all of them

7. Yeah dude, sue the shit out of them. They had no right to enter your house and search for anything, let alone paraphernalia. Im guessing the "incident" happened in a garage? Theres no reason at all that they could legally come inside your house.

8. it happened outside of the house. but i dont really know how to approach this. 'uh you guys stole my weed shit, i want it back'. no judge would agree that its okay. maybe i should get some weed activists involved haha.

9. Lol nah, talk to a lawyer. You could probably sue the department for a whole lot more than what your shit was. You could get them for illegally going into your house, illegally searching your house, illegally taking your stuff, and get them for emotional distress too since they thought itd be fun to add that we might/might not press charges shit on top of the death of a loved one...

10. i will definitely be talking to a lawyer. my dad has a pretty reliable guy who has won him plenty of law suits.

they also took our car, as it was 'part of the crime scene' luckily my grandmother is letting my father use hers or he'd be SOL.

11. yeah get them for that then too, undue hardship...

12. Hard to find the right words to respond to threads like these. So I'm just gonna say keep your chin up, find a lawyer, and fight the injustices. Much love and condolences.

13. Thats fucked up, but with something that shitty done from the cops you should have some moeny comin you way. Just get their ass in court and post in RL stories when you win.

I was going to say sorry about your mother but you asked us not to.

14. The seems to be some serious misconduct by the police.

Hopefully a lawyer can get back all your personally property.

15. Dont even mention you want back the pieces they took, because in all honesty, a judge would probably look at you and laugh...Make it about the invasion of privacy, the fact they had no right to enter and search, and most importantly for a payday, that them saying you may or may not be charged caused you emotional damage in an already stressful time. And sue them for the note...

16. Yeah dude, get a GOOD lawyer and sue the shit out of them. Make sure they lose there jobs and familys.

17. Sue the FUCK out of them. If those bastards really did just enter your home with no warrant or no reason, then you are looking at some major cash. Especially if they entered during such a stressful time.

I hate to make my whole post about getting money out of this situation, so I give you my upmost condolences and I wish your family the best through this hard time.

18. sue the hell out of them, entered your house with no warrant and confiscated a fucking suicide note? they can't do that, thats so much bullshit.