Adding co2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Doldi, Apr 28, 2017.

1. I'm trying to add co2 to my room, I have an exhaust that pulls the air out to cool them,. My room sits at about 80-84 with the fan running and closer to 90 with my exhaust off, how should I add it and when should I be adding it during the day or night?

2. During the day add it .

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. CO2 increases temp tolerance. You can run the temp up to the 90's if your reservoir can tolerate it. Plants only consume CO2 when the light is on. Read up.
    How to Use CO2 to Increase Cannabis Yields! | Grow Weed Easy

My advise? Too complicated for small scale indoor use and not needed. Does not increase potency.
    Home made methods like bags of mushrooms and other stuff like that don't provide real supplementation to get to beneficial ppm levels. A tank with a regulator or a burner hooked to a ppm level controller is the only way to get the correct levels maintained. The room is sealed for the lights on period and needs an ac set to about 90. You vent the room in the off cycle to change the air and since the co2 isn't needed u turn it off at night.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. If you want to increase potency buy a UVB light.
    Cannabis

5. Make co2 generator, if not after distillery just throw out, but mixing turbo yeasts with sugar is cheap and effective way to enrich the girls with required co2.

Green all the way.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. plants give off co2 at lights out so defo not when lights are out u should work on gettin them temps down b4 tryin to add more stuff

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Buy a co2 meter and you'll find how useless sugar and yeast really is. Complete waste of time

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. If I was adding Co2 and kept my temps at 90F, I don't know if I be ok with leaving it to that method.. There is 0 control.

He does have a point as well. If your 90F(in a seal room) co2 will add heat and water to your air. 90F could look much higher.

9. Plants give off co2 all the time, not just at night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. True.

only wise thing is do it in small scale, less co2 produced.

Green all the way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Only wise time to do co2 supplemenration is large scale. The miniscule difference it makes is hardly noticable small scale. And isnt worth the effort. A great environment, plenty of fresh air and light, plus learning to grow will do more then any co2 supplementing ever will

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Disagree.
    Mother nature wherever plant grows doesn't stop with co2 enrichment process because of nighttime and plant has different requirements, whichever source you got information from doesn't include option B where co2 process is small scaled 24hrs..Peace.

Green all the way.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  13. Plants use co2 when lights are on. When lights are off plants use oxygen instead.

Sleeping With Plants

Cut co2 off at night it's a waste. During the day time, you need the Heat(90F or higher) with the added Co2 and a HID light to increase the rate of photosynthesis. Co2 is the fuel.

14. Complete waste during lights out. Plants utilize co2 during photosynthesis, which takes the sun or our grow lights to occur.

pho·to·syn·the·sis
    ˌfōdōˈsinTHəsəs/
    noun
    1. the process by which green plants and some other organisms use sunlight to synthesize foods from carbon dioxide and water. Photosynthesis in plants generally involves the green pigment chlorophyll and generates oxygen as a byproduct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. #15 Tbone Shuffle, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Do you want to use CO2?..

How is your bud production so far? Are you having problems maintaining good cool temps and vegging plants big enough fast enough?

That's the only time I would use CO2. If you can't cool your room down enough and you are possibly going with a start to finish single space. The co2 would increase your temp tolerance and speed up your veg time significantly. Other then that it's so much cost and effort for not much gain. Read my link. It's never been scientifically proven to grow bigger buds. It vegges bigger plants faster. That's it and it helps with temp tolerance. If those two things are what you're looking for then by all means do it. It's recommended to stop co2 about 2 weeks in flower.

How to Use CO2 to Increase Cannabis Yields! | Grow Weed Easy

"Flowering Stage

Almost all growers seems to agree that you can get increased growth and bud production by running CO2 during the first 2-3 weeks of flowering.

After flowering is fully underway, some growers believe that CO2 is less effective, and it’s true that so far no one has been able to prove that CO2 can directly improve bud production beyond the first few weeks of the flowering stage."

My veg plants are so big they would punch a hole in the top of my tent by the time I could bud them if I used co2. My veg tent is a producer and I actually have to give plants away because I can't bud them all. CO2 would give me issues. I have no problems maintaining temps so I don't need the increased temp tolerance and I run hydro so it would make my res too hot anyway and screw up oxygen saturation. Hydro with a hot room with co2 requires a chiller. That's more equipment cost and electricity. No thanks. I'm growing plenty of bud and it's super dank.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. you can run temps in the high 90f with co2 above 1500 ppm only if you have very strong 600 watt hps lights or 1000 watts . i am talking very strong lighting on top of the plants if not the 90 is to hot your harming the plants. not many rooms are set up to run this hot only a handful and trust me you will need sun screen and glasses to enter do you think your room is one of these ? you should seal the room and add ac to keep the room about 80f with the co2 and only run it lights on . if you have to vent the room the co2 is wasted . if i were you i would get my temps under control not do the co2 your quality will go way up and yield . your plants are in survival mode this hot there not even making roots this hot there just doing the least as possible .

17. Co2 should never be an attempt to fix heat issues. Sealing a grow for the co2 creates heat issues that need dealt with. Got to have control of those temps regardless of co2 supplementation or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. What does this mean?

J

19. Natural source of co2 isn't time scheduled.

Green all the way.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. That's outdoors you can't stop what's available outdoors. The plants still won't utilize co2 at night without the sun. Inside there is no benifit to adding co2 supplementation during lights out, therefor it's a waste to be running co2 generators, tanks, or any other form of supplementation during those hours.