Adding CO2 to your grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BrynieBear, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Hi All,

I'm curious if anyone has done this? Is there a reference or guide that anyone knows of?

2. A ton of people do this. You want a DIY method or are you considering investing in some CO2 tanks and a ppm monitor/regulator?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

3. I'll probably start with DIY first. Thanks

4. It works really well. However you need an airtight room or you won’t be able to keep your co2 levels up without using a shit load of co2, which you’ll find is expensive, going Co2 tank route. My room is airtight and I can get it to my desired 1500ppm weed gazing but I also have a burner that’ll keep it there.

5. in truth the real advantage is it allows you to grow your plants in higher temps ...is all

once you have sealed the grow room bought in the expensive regulator

and the continuel flow of empty C02 tanks ...be my guest

don't forget to have the warning labels and detectors too

most give it up due to cost, but then grow 3-4 plants more

this time leave the door ajar to cool the room down

good luck

6. #6 Bigdaddy76, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Pretty cheap with a burner and my sealed room. It very rarely needs to fire up to keep me at my 1000 ppm in veg or 1500ppm in flower. Makes my plants grow faster and more lush but I do increase temps and humidity (in veg) when running to keep VPD on point! It does improve growth or it wouldn’t be being used commercially cause there’s enough co2 naturally in the air, for them to grow naturally. However it increases yields when used correctly and is why experts and novices use them.

7. yeah their are those that install BBQ's in their rooms, but I think OP is considering a regulated C02 grow?

8. Unless you’re set up for it, it’s a waste of money. Easier to do in real room then a tent for obvious reasons.

9. My temps soared and i had old wine making jugs and yeast available. Set 4 up With sugar water to vent above the plants. Doubt it did anything but made me feel Like i did something and gave me a project for 1/2 hr lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. For the vast majority of us co2 is counter-productive.
    Sealed rooms have their own issues.
    If you are growing in your house/basement you already have elevated co2 levels from your breath.

• Informative Informative x 1