Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Adding canna butter to mix

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jxc271, Oct 24, 2012.

1. I've already purchased canna butter, I don't understand how to add it to the brownie mix? Do I melt it and add it in? Or put it in solid? Also do I put canna butter in place of the oil used in the mix or add it on top of all the ingredients?

Thank you!!

2. put it in like you would butter or oil, the brownies should taste little to nothing like the weed itself.

3. Cook it as you would a normal batch of brownies. :wave:

4. Perhaps he doesn't do a lot of baking..

I would allow the cannabutter to get soft at room temperature. Just like how normal butter is stored. Then it's easy to mix into your batter. If it's hard (and I've tried it before) It's quite a pain to mix it in. It's all chunky right.

DON'T melt it on the stove though, you're likely to end up heating it up to much and vaporizing the THC! room temperature man.. room temp..

5. [quote name='"trav1085"']Perhaps he doesn't do a lot of baking..

I would allow the cannabutter to get soft at room temperature. Just like how normal butter is stored. Then it's easy to mix into your batter. If it's hard (and I've tried it before) It's quite a pain to mix it in. It's all chunky right.

DON'T melt it on the stove though, you're likely to end up heating it up to much and vaporizing the THC! room temperature man.. room temp..[/quote]

Do I add the amount of oil that the recipe calls for? Or do I add the canna butter as part of the oil serving and add more if its not enough? Lol I've never done this before I don't want to eff it up

6. The THC is already in the butter and extracted from the bud and since you bought it, I'm assuming from a dispensary. Unless you plan on burning your brownies just make sure its mixed well and like normal brownie batter. You should be fine.

7. jxc271. Could you please explain how you are going to be making these brownies?

1) Are you using a boxed brownie mix? Or are you making your own recipe from scratch?

2) How much cannabutter do you have? Do you know the volume in CUPS or litres, mililetres? Or is it given to you by weight?

The reason I'm asking is it seems that you are using a box brownie mix that asks for OIL and NOT butter. If that is the case you should get a box that needs butter added. Or better yet, make it from scratch. There are lots of recipes on the internet (google search 'easy brownie recipes with butter') and trust me you'll have much tastier brownies than any brownie mix. You might have to spend more on ingredients but the amount of ingredients you can make a lot more than a box will give you...

8. [quote name='"trav1085"']jxc271. Could you please explain how you are going to be making these brownies?

1) Are you using a boxed brownie mix? Or are you making your own recipe from scratch?

2) How much cannabutter do you have? Do you know the volume in CUPS or litres, mililetres? Or is it given to you by weight?

The reason I'm asking is it seems that you are using a box brownie mix that asks for OIL and NOT butter. If that is the case you should get a box that needs butter added. Or better yet, make it from scratch. There are lots of recipes on the internet (google search 'easy brownie recipes with butter') and trust me you'll have much tastier brownies than any brownie mix. You might have to spend more on ingredients but the amount of ingredients you can make a lot more than a box will give you...[/quote]

I was going to use better Crocker brownie mix, but your right I'm pretty sure that it does call for oil. I'll make it from scratch

9. Good good. Remember you can double the recipe if you want to put in more butter than the recipe calls for. Then again, I have added twice the amount of butter _without_ doubling the recipe before and it turned out fine.. just very sweet and.. obviously, potent :D