Adding an ice catcher to bong?

Discussion in 'General' started by John4414, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Ok so I bought a new acrylic bong. It was suppose to come with an ice catcher but they ended up sending my the wrong bong. I'm not gonna complain because the one they sent me is a lot taller/nicer, but ice makes the smoke so much smoother. I was thinking about poking 2 nails through it to catch the ice, but I dont know if that will make the bong un-airtight. What do you guys think?

2. why not just put ice in the bong itself?? or ive heard of leaving it in the freezer? dude i have no idea blunts for me and joints i break stuff all the time.

3. I do not think that will work

4. try laying the bong on its side with water in it and freeze it!

5. I wouldn't do it for the reason you stated. It might compromise the suction, thus rendering your new piece useless.

I had an acrylic bong once and I always put ice in with the water. It seemed to work well.

6. Dude I doubt you poking a hole through with nails will make a perfect circle it will just crack the whole thing. I say either return it or keep it. Like you said its not a bad bong right

7. Yeah you guys are right, I'm just gonna use it the way it is. It's still a damn good first bong!:)

8. Youll eventually get tired of putting ice after awhile anyways

9. You could drill a hole the size of a nail in it and put 2 or 3 nails in the side. Then glue around where the nail is going into the bong. Maybe not the most aesthetically pleasing but I think it would work

10. [quote name='"ADStoker420"']Youll eventually get tired of putting ice after awhile anyways[/quote]

Definitely,

Seriously though fill it half way and put it in freezer. It's awesome

11. Im sure it would work. Just carefully make the small holes. You could find something to seal around the holes.

12. The only thing I can see happening when you put acrylic filled with any amount of water into the freezer is that it will eventually crack. Once the water expands it's going to put pressure on parts of the bong that can't take that kind of expansion.

Just food for thought since when you put a water bottle with water into the freezer the bottom pops out. It would suck to shorten your acrylic bongs life.

13. A water bottle expands because it is a sealed vessel. A bong is not, the water would expand up the tube towards the mouth.

14. Extreme changing temperatures don't help an acrylics lifespan tho

15. Take a coat hanger and bend the bottom into a circle small enough to catch ice. Make sure it's at a 90 degreen and so that the rod part will sit up against the wall then make a hook on the top end. Then lower it into the bong and use the hook to hang it from the mouth piece.

So it should look kind of like a ladel but with a circle instead of a spoon on the bottom.

16. [quote name='"Zr-01stamg"']Take a coat hanger and bend the bottom into a circle small enough to catch ice. Make sure it's at a 90 degreen and so that the rod part will sit up against the wall then make a hook on the top end. Then lower it into the bong and use the hook to hang it from the mouth piece.

So it should look kind of like a ladel but with a circle instead of a spoon on the bottom.[/quote]

Your mouth would be against the coat hanger when you go to hit it

17. Just put ice in it you only need the ice catcher to keep the ice from braking the downstem and there's no way you're braking an acrylic bong downstem with a few ice cubes but if you want a truely better bong get a glass one you'll thank me

18. take an ice pop bag thing after eating the ice pop and fill it with water and freeze it so you have an icepop length ice cube. or for flavored hits just use and icepop.

19. thats actually smart as fuck.

20. [quote name='"Sunshine86"']

A water bottle expands because it is a sealed vessel. A bong is not, the water would expand up the tube towards the mouth.[/quote]

ahaha from personal experience im telling you.

your bong will break.