Adding a different soil mix to the pot!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Thechemist420, Apr 20, 2019.

1. I noticed my 5 autoflower seedlings getting too leggy a while ago, and following the advice of a few people here, i pulled some soil from the outer area of the pot to make a small mound at the base of the stem, the pot still has plenty of room for more soil, but since right now i cant get the original mix, my question is if i could fill it with a different soil mix, its a soil i got for decorative garden plant seeds a while ago, and its ph is something like 5.8 - 6.5. can it be done?

2. no pic so I say No I would not

tho the temptation would be too much

so long as they have enough to grow you should be fine

leggy as in too much warm red light is causing stretch..?

maybe change the light to a cool white cfl?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stretching is what seedling do when they pop, they start pushing upwards to get out of the soil and into the light. The stem on your seedlings don't know they've made it out of the soil and is still growing longer which like vostok said means they need more light to turn the stretch off. Unless you fix the problem they'll keep stretching until they can't support the weight and fall over. Give it more intense light and put some soil around it however you can. I don't know if the new soil is better or worse than the original so I wouldn't worry over using two different brands of potting mix...….

I just looked at the pics in your other thread. If they've stretched more since you posted that on Tuesday it means you didn't correct your light problem. Unless you fix the underlying problem you'll end up with a volcano by continuing to pull soil from the outside and piling it around the stem.

• Like Like x 1
  4. They are growing outdoors but its been cloudy lately

5. If they haven't stretched more since the pics you posted Tuesday I wouldn't worry over it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They havent stretched that much since then, i just figured id have to replace the soil i had moved, heres a picture of the tallest seedling and a 1 euro coin by it for comparison

Attached Files:

7. I’ve used three (3) different soils before, all in the same pot, with no problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1