Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

addiction

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nahitscool, Nov 4, 2011.

1. sometimes i feel like im addicted because the way i budget my money, i always have enough weed to last me the month. what do you think?

2. idk man, just take a break. It is really hard to be addicted to marijuana, and its all in your head either way. Just chill and enjoy sober life.

3. [quote name='"Malakiarat"']idk man, just take a break. It is really hard to be addicted to marijuana, and its all in your head either way. Just chill and enjoy sober life.[/quote]

Definitely isn't hard to be mentally addicted, i've seen it plenty of times. I don't have a problem with it myself, but stoners like you who downplay weed's potential mental aspect are doing others a disservice.

4. Take a week or so off until you feel like you can come back to it in a comfortable way. It's a refreshing to be sober for a bit just never put it in front of yours or others well being.

I don't really buy into the whole mentally addicted thing. When I was younger I saw kids that smoked weed a shit ton of weed and that's all I knew them for and for a while most people only knew me for that. I mean look at other people who smoke, wiz khalifa always raps about how he's high all the time or about his weed in a lot of his songs. I know for a fact he has more weed then most of us will ever have but I would never call him an addict.
    Just because you center your life around something doesn't mean it's a negative thing unless you make it one. And that's not being addicted that's but a dumbass.

5. Wouldn't say addicted but I have big urges to smoke, but if you resist for a couple days it'll help free up your mind and urges just get weaker the longer you hold off

6. Does anyone watch the Union anymore? Cannabis is like below coffee on the addiction scale.

7. But its still on the scale. People can and do get addicted. And people who have addictive personalities are probably more prone to getting addicted to weed.

8. I wouldn't be shocked if you were. Personally I've never been addicted too anything. Yet became addicted to weed when I had my last job (typical working 45 hours a week and being a full time student). Noticed I started smoking a lot more to deal with the stress. (job was really stressful as well as school). Got to the point where I smoked daily. I started to notice that smoking that frequently was messing up my daily life.

Had to quit smoking do I could get another job, wasn't that bad.
    3 months 7 days later, changing jobs again and then I'll be able to smoke.

Really excited, but I'm going to sick to 1/2 times a week.

9. i fail to see how this nullifie the claim of potential for mental addiction. mental addiction is possible with anything, and i'd argue it's pretty common with weed.

by your logic, you could sit around injecting stuff all day and still not be an addict.

10. Thats not being addicted to weed.. You stopped obviously and smoking daily doesn't mean your addicted. I use to smoke daily but I can't sit around and be high all the time to I don't smoke as much each day. And as you stated you had to stop again for another job so there is basically no withdrawal symptoms or anything.

It's not so much that someone is addicted as it is knowing when to quit.

To me addiction isn't trying to squeeze in being high when ever possible that's just part of the culture of us stoners, we like to be high. Sometimes other things come up and need to be attended too so it's a personal decision as to whether or not you can continue to smoke while you do them.

11. Injecting "stuff" all day is a lot different then smoking weed.

By my logic I'm saying I don't believe people can be addicted to weed. I see it as a wives tale. Yes I know you can be "addicted" to anything mentally like reading books, watching T.V. and all sorts of things. So why call it addicted rather then just saying you really like to "whatever"...

12. You're budgeting your money so that you have enough bud for the month? Sounds smart to me. Doesn't mean addiction at all, weed is just something you like and enjoy, hence you want to be able to have it. If I fucking loved cats, and wanted to buy a new cat whenever I could, and budgeted my money so I could buy a new cat every week, it doesn't make me addicted to cats.

13. EXACTLY... A new cat every week?.. Hahaha thats interesting.

14. Wake&Bake + Trying to think of a way to explain = Cats.

15. [quote name='"HBmonster"']

Thats not being addicted to weed.. You stopped obviously and smoking daily doesn't mean your addicted. I use to smoke daily but I can't sit around and be high all the time to I don't smoke as much each day. And as you stated you had to stop again for another job so there is basically no withdrawal symptoms or anything.

It's not so much that someone is addicted as it is knowing when to quit.

To me addiction isn't trying to squeeze in being high when ever possible that's just part of the culture of us stoners, we like to be high. Sometimes other things come up and need to be attended too so it's a personal decision as to whether or not you can continue to smoke while you do them.[/quote]

Eh the way it was to me it definitely felt like addiction..and yes I definitely felt withdraw symptoms I just didn't include them.

16. It's all mental. Weed you do not get addicted to. You may crave it, as you do food...but not addicted....now, you can be addicted to nitrous oxide... When you suck down 140 lbs in a week and can't do anything unless you have a balloon in ya hand...shits rough!

17. [quote name='"Kingoftheforest"']It's all mental. Weed you do not get addicted to. You may crave it, as you do food...but not addicted....now, you can be addicted to nitrous oxide... When you suck down 140 lbs in a week and can't do anything unless you have a balloon in ya hand...shits rough![/quote]

Even if it is think about how powerful the human mind it, such as studies where people are given a placebo believing it's medicine and the amount of people sowing positive effects from said placebo.

And I don't really get why someone would get hooked on nitrous oxide the effect is only a few minutes long and isn't even as enjoyable as weed

18. I'll have to disagree with you on the nitrous. It's not addicting physically but potentially psychologically addicting. It's not even that dangerous unless you do it in a way that deprives you of oxygen but that will only kill brain cells.

It's pretty enjoyable. I wouldn't say as much as weed either though.. I did it once at a party and it was eh.. Not really anything to go back to again.

19. Lol it's Hippie crack brah! Different chemicals, people fiend out for that shit...you must not kno.....go experience it. And not your little whip cream dispenser bull shit. Read the studies on rats and what the effects are like. Cocaine and amphetamine like substances, you get similar highs...

20. Are you kidding me? It's nothing like cocaine or amphetamines, totally different. And your an idiot for even trying to compare one drug to another when they, as you said, different chemicals.. Brah.