Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Addiction

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by joeyhimself1, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Hopefully the title will draw some attention, I am a student in Psychology and I know that weed isn't physically addictive (unlike alot of other drugs) but still can be addictive psychologically to some people, I think I am one of them.

The hunger for weed isn't a great one, if my dealers not about then I get a little annoyed but nothing more, but it's got to the point where i'd be smoking 1g a day, that's not that much I know but I am university and have a girlfriend, and I need to stay on my toes if you get what I mean- I can't be going around to hers or uni high out of my face. the things I'd do when I'm high are standard, watch some shows, play some games and eat food, but it feels now that I'm not happy without it, like my life is better when I'm high and that when the inital rush is gone I just want more. Oh by the way I mostly do it by myself, I do have some friends that do it but I'm trying to distance myself a bit so that I'm not so tempted...Hasn't been going successful for me so far.

So the bottom line is: Do you guys get anything like this? Does this apply to you? Do you have any suggestions of what I could do to ease the urge to smoke?

Many thanks!

2. Just get some hobbies to entertain you so you dont smoke i can quit but ill miss it still the same person

3. Thankyou, do you ever get the feeling that it's kinda slowing your progress in life and stopping you from doing other stuff?

4. Some hobbies and activities and shit. If you have a boring life already like me then of course when the epicness of weed wears off youre going to wanna go back to the epic instead of the dull life you lead. Were are machines built to seek out fun afterall. If weed is more fun than your usual ruitine than obviously your usual routine is boring, like mine. Atleast you have a girlfriend, i bet that is a big help when you dont smoke, a distraction, somthing to have sex with and make sammiches for you

5. [quote name='"joeyhimself1"']Thankyou, do you ever get the feeling that it's kinda slowing your progress in life and stopping you from doing other stuff?[/quote]

Don't blame weed for your laziness. There's plenty of successful and productive people who smoke.

6. You're right, I know I'm lazy because even when I'm not on it I don't do the things I should, at least I know what to do now.

7. Weed motivates me especially at uni. Do better in school = More money = More weed (; how a true pothead student thinks!

8. I've been smoking everyday for a couple of years now, 2g+ when I have nothing to do.

If you think it's having a negative impact on your life, quit. If not, don't. I'm in college to become a network admin, and I go to school baked off of my ass everyday, get home and smoke, go to work, smoke. Basically substitute a smoker who pounds a pack every day or two and replace it with weed, thats me.

Does it effect me negatively? No. I don't let it. Here's my personal pysch lesson for you; everything is in your head. You think it's fucking you up then it's going to start making you fuck up. You think that it has a positive effect on you and you keep a motivated outlook, then it has a positive effect on you. THC is a mood enhancer, and it amplifies emotions. If you're feeling successful and strong willed, chance are it will assist you in achieving that feeling. If you want it to be better when you smoke or keep proactive, you need to reward yourself with it. "Can't smoke until homework is done... Can't smoke until I finish all the dishes... etc."

What I hate about the modern psychology model is that if you really enjoy something and will go out of your way for it, you're addicted. It's bullshit. I used to fucking LOVE my trampoline as a kid. I used it everyday for hours, and when it got torn up by a storm I was heart broken and grumpy as hell for weeks. It's not because I was "psychologically addicted" to my trampoline, it's because something I enjoyed more than most of my activities was taken away from me, so my internal reward system had an empty spot. It's just what happens when you really enjoy anything for a long time, you grow attached to it because of great times or memories, so when it's taken away you feel short handed.

9. I work, go to school and toke. I'm financially secure and I ace all my college classes. Addiction is all in you head.
    [​IMG]

10. hmm, debatable as to what progress really is.

11. Pretty much the only time I'm not smoking is when I'm working, so I try to get as many hours as I can per week. You make more money to spend more money on bud to smoke in less time!