Addiction to marijuana?!?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by outdoorgrowman, Oct 14, 2012.

1. What do you guys think about addiction to marijuana? Is it actually possible to be addicted to MJ? I dont think im addicted but lately i feel like i wanna smoke more and more. But i can go days or weeks without smoking and not have withdrawals. I smoke butts so i know what its like to be addicted to something. What do you guys think?

2. yes... you can

3. Fail thread is fail thread

4. you can become mentally addicted but not physically, though Cannabis is about as addictive as Caffeine
    and dont worry man you dont sound addicted you sound like your just growing more and more fond of it

5. You need to seek out Rehab.

Its your only choice

Just kidding, whats happening is your growing accustomed to it, meaning your incorporating it into your daily routine.

I would suggest smoking 3/5 days a week so its not an everday habit so when you cant find nugs or cant smoke you wont feel completely off balance.

Goodluck to ya

6. What's your addiction? Is it money, is it girls, is it weed? I've been afflicted by not one, not two, but all three.

On a serious note, I often take 100+day breaks, somewhat to prove to myself that I don't need it but you can bet that I think about it everyday. So what does that say? I might not be addicted but you can bet I'm obsessed.

7. You can get addicted to anything. Only people without self-control let it happen to themselves.

8. when its treated like an addiction it can be. i was in several programs that were 3 days a week meaning 3 drug tests a week and the counselor there kept insisted it was "my addiction." anyways i vowed to my friends that im done smoking one weekend before my first test, but thought, and was told as well that my first piss test can be dirty. so i got it as dirty as possible and tried to lower it. i ended up saying ill quit next week, every week. it just so happened that the most crucial time of my life to not smoke, hundreds, literally hundreds of oportunities presented themselves to me to smoke. i would get out of that program go pick up my people and smoke. i got kicked the fuck out and since it was for legal reasons, and taken i fucked up out of a once a week program (old dealer happened to come in soon after i did) rehab was above me but i still kept smoking for some reason and just never stopped. the court probably figured they'll see me back so they said fuck it. i did end up getting pulled over but only cause i was lost in the wrooooong area smoking a blunt of the stinkiest weed i have ever smoked. the look on the cops face was priceless in a really bad way.

anyway ever since i was treated like an addict, i became one. i have obviously realized this but still havent had more than 5 days without smoking something. i dont feel its bad as i still balance a nice job and honestly feel like whenever theres nothing important to do, smoking weed isnt as terrible as its made out to be.

9. hit the nail on the head. If youre worried about it take a break and find something else you enjoy doing when youd normally smoke weed. Like heroin.....

10. at least you aren't smoking glass..

11. Precisely. It's not addiction, it's obsession.

12. Yes, contary to belief, marijuana can be addictive for some individuals. The number of marijuana addicts is not large, but we are there.

MA - Marijuana Anonymous

13. #13 Ironic, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
    [quote name='"dank420smoke"']when its treated like an addiction it can be. i was in several programs that were 3 days a week meaning 3 drug tests a week and the counselor there kept insisted it was "my addiction." anyways i vowed to my friends that im done smoking one weekend before my first test, but thought, and was told as well that my first piss test can be dirty. so i got it as dirty as possible and tried to lower it. i ended up saying ill quit next week, every week. it just so happened that the most crucial time of my life to not smoke, hundreds, literally hundreds of oportunities presented themselves to me to smoke. i would get out of that program go pick up my people and smoke. i got kicked the fuck out and since it was for legal reasons, and taken i fucked up out of a once a week program (old dealer happened to come in soon after i did) rehab was above me but i still kept smoking for some reason and just never stopped. the court probably figured they'll see me back so they said fuck it. i did end up getting pulled over but only cause i was lost in the wrooooong area smoking a blunt of the stinkiest weed i have ever smoked. the look on the cops face was priceless in a really bad way.

anyway ever since i was treated like an addict, i became one. i have obviously realized this but still havent had more than 5 days without smoking something. i dont feel its bad as i still balance a nice job and honestly feel like whenever theres nothing important to do, smoking weed isnt as terrible as its made out to be.[/quote]

I don't know if this is being an addict or being a dumbass. I had an IV unmentionable problem for a couple years and never got arrested. I attribute it to not being stupid enough to fail mandatory drug tests over and over (I did attend a court ordered rehab once, which you can get put into without ever being arrested, similar to the way you can get an involuntary psych hold) and not smoking weed in the car. Come on man smoking in the car when you already have a record??

We all make mistakes but not all addicts are stupid and this sounds more like stupidity than anything else. Lol does it make you feel better to identify as an addict?

[quote name='"Danbridge"']Yes, contary to belief, marijuana can be addictive for some individuals. The number of marijuana addicts is not large, but we are there.

MA - Marijuana Anonymous[/quote]

www.orange-papers.org

Stop the 12 Step lies. 12 Step programs do not qualify as actual addiction treatment. Multiple sources and studies have proven that AA doesn't work. The only source that show a success rate for AA were commissioned/ran by charlatans (such as people on the board of trustees of AA and doctors that work for 12 Step treatment centers) who did things such as cherry picking (choosing who went into which test group instead of assigning it randomly) and not having control groups.

Check out Orange Papers if you or anyone you know is suffering from the delusion that in order to quit drugs/alcohol, they must surrender to God and ask that he remove their defects of character.

14. The reason so many kids are in rehab for marijuana is because in certain states, if you're arrested for first time possession as a minor the court will give you the choice of jail/juvenile detention OR drug rehab. Obviously you'd pick the latter. This is where the government gets their statistics that "the youth is addicted to marijuana and it is a threat" and whatnot

15. somebody has been watching marijuana documentaries

I heard the same thing

16. derp derp no self control derp derp

17. Currently on my 4th month of a T-break. This is the 2nd in the last 2 1/2 years. The first lasted 9months.

18. woe dude, chill. Here take a hit of this. Relax.

I was NOT promoting any 12 step lifestyle as if that was the answer. What I was saying, Is there are some people that recognise thier addiction to marijuana. Most people think marijuana addiction is ludicris. I have admitted my addiction of marijuana to a herion addict, and he wanted to kick my ass because he says that marijuana is not addictive and I am a pussy. So I have come to understand that most people, like yourself, have a totally closed mind when it comes to admitting addiction to marijuana. But there are some people that have an open mind. Not a lot, but we are out there.

19. The union :D

20. You don't have to surrender to God, you just have to have some sort of faith in something.

I believe the exact words are " a God of your understanding".

Some people find it very therapeutic to pray, because they feel like they're doing something and that helps them. Don't discount something because YOU don't believe in it.