Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

addicted.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Kimborasta, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Anything that is enjoyable is mentally addictive. Even things that are good for you. Just because something is addictive does not mean it's bad. Thats why i just experiment with the stuff. I certainly don't smoke it every day. It can make me groggy and disconnected for a day or two sometimes, so i really only do it on fridays. If you can make yourself stay on something like that, you can enjoy it from time to time but also enjoy other things. It won't consume your life.

2. My thoughts exactly...

3. i am in kinda screwed up situation.
    i can say iam a reasonably bright person. (exam soon, so iam revising hard)
    me and my freinds tried pot last year and they dont think its all that good. i try and explain to them whats so good about it but they dont understand. i started smoking hardcore, people didnt like me as much and somepeople will even dare call me 'UTTER DRUGGIE'
    i tried smoking with my other mates. but they dont give a shit about education, freindship and their families = i felt that i didnt belong there either.
    so i smoke on my own - but this led to depression. it felt like i was the only one smoking my self silly.
    i got pretty unhealthy as well. i felt it. i started getting nose bleeds, headaches, depression and paranoia. and i needed a joint to fall a sleep and etc.
    so iam giving it ago to stop for a while (at least before the exams)

4. You sound just like me....but i usualy smoke with freinds cept weekdays..... but on weekends im usualy with freinds.....but even still i feel like when i smoke alone on the weekdays i feel like im the only one out there that is smoking so much.......i know its not true tho...hopefully....And im fairly smart and athletic....but i can feel it affecting me too....like lazy and what not just all the regular symptoms.....but pot has just always been around where i live.......guess ill try and quit with you.....ok well i have a joint rolled right here in front of me but ima puttin it away and not smoking for 1 week.....then ill try 2 weeks.....hmmmmm well hope this works out.....

5. i understand about what youre saying about quitting. i look at it this way. it is much harder on you when you are forced to quit ie, you missed your connect, the man got locked up or its just plain and simply dry. that sux. because you were forced to quit. days will go by and you may find yourself acting like a crackhead. but what can you do? nothing but clean up and wait till the cycle is over. yes you may be a lil sleepless and iterable, but this is because youre coming outta that haze ;) its all good. now look. im that type of person. luckly, i havent been blessed with anything close to a drought this year. everything has been free flowing. and i havent had any reasons or thoughts of quitting.

now, on the other hand, if you want to quit, then thats good too. this gives you a chance to clean up and get sober, get your head straight, job, school, girl whatever, clean it all up. that also leaves more weed for me to smoke :) anyways, ween yourself. a lil bit here, a lil there until nothing. i would hate to believe that you cats on the other side of the water are smoking some super bud that makes you have headaches, vomiting and cramping when you go a day without smoking. if thats the case, im in the wrong place !!!

6. lol thanks dude. but then it could just be just a general depression - its not serious - dont worry about it

7. This is my first time postin' and I have been smoking for about 7 yrs now (ever since middle school) ON AND OFF OFCOURSE. My opinion is that HELL YES you can addicted if you have connections (dealers) and no willpower. I usually dont smoke while i am in school/college but when i go home for vacation, I FUCKIN SMOKE 24/7. My vacation and summer days are like this: one huge blunt in the morning to start off the day, about 2 bowls during lunch, and after this the amount I smoke is perfectly correlated with my level of boredom. I'll spend like 20-30 bucks a week. SMOKIN and other temptations are some of the main reasons why i left my hometown for school! So i agree with gettin addicted mentally. so damn true.