Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Addicted To Weed - Giving It Up.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TickTockCroc, Mar 16, 2014.

1. #1 TickTockCroc, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    ---- sorry please delete this thread ----
    ---- made a thread in a more appropriate place ---

2. All or nothing, huh? That's a black and white world there fella.

3. #3 mystonedmind, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014

4. Hey, I am like that, so don't feel so bad ;).  If I have bud I have to use it, if I don't then I don't. But it is very difficult for me to have it and not use it. I started feeling like I was addicted to, but always said I toke because of my pain. WEll a couple of weeks ago my pain magically went away for a week and that was my first t-break in an extremely long time! Just showed myself that I am not addicted and I am truly using it for a legitimate purpose. On the same note I am a medicinal patient.  :smoke:

5. #5 BloodBooger, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
    I once read a great little book about Poppies and opium addiction. The author stated, rather eloquently too I like to think...that the only problem that he could see with his addiction to opioids were a supply problem. Cannabis might very well fit into that same scenario....so what if you "feel" addicted to bud...the only real problem with that might just be supply.

6. You gotta draw the line at stealing to fund your habit, not going to work (or having no job), and when it becomes a strain on family members. If you can do what you need to do and still smoke there isn't a problem. Its like functioning alcoholics, the only ones they hurt are themselves. If they don't beat their wife or drive drunk then I have no problem with them drinking their asses to death.

7. I dont see the point in smoking weed if you arent improving something by using it.

8. You're not addicted, you have no self-control. I was the same way.

I had to stop smoking flat out for awhile. Then I'd buy a gram on Friday and make sure it was gone by the time I went to bed Saturday night. Then finally I started picking up a quarter at a time again, but this time around I was able to actually just smoke Fridays and/or Saturdays without smoking just because I could on weekdays.

I largely attributed it to either my ADHD or depression (I'm gonna go with ADHD cause I tend to have LESS self-control when I'm happy). But enough training and self-discipline and I overcame the "Ah I have weed so I'll smoke it" attitude. Came hand in hand with general self-control in life.

9. One does not simply become addicted to Marijuana. It is said to be addictive but it is not. I've been to treatment centers and have been laughed at by drug counselors because I was court ordered to undergo Marijuana Addiction Treatment. It's habitual. Like the person above me said, "you have no self control." Say you bite your finger nails. Okay, well.. you do it all the time. It's a terrible habit. I know because I do it. But I'm not addicted to chewing my nails. It's just something I do. It's sort of the same exact thing if you really think about it. Your body isn't going to freak out if you don't have weed. You aren't going to die from not smoking it. It's not crack people. 

10. Youre not addicted to it. You just like the way it makes you feel. You arent going to die if you dont get your smoke on..

11. Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke. Now that's an addiction. You ever suck some dick for marijuana?