Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Addicted to the Chronic

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Puff Da Herb, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Yea I feel pretty dependent on it now that I've been smoking everyday. I didn't smoke at all yesterday. I couldnt sleep and I felt suuuuper depressed at night, like all my stress coming back, so I lit one up. All the depression went away in an instant. feelsgoodman

2. I change my answer to a grow setup.

3. Tell that to the two billion people that go to bed hungry every night. Weed is great and all, but I'll be DAMNED if I ever let something get control of me, especially a plant.

4. Quit for a few months and come back to it... I felt the same way. Believe me, taking a break is never bad.

5. #25 Puff Da Herb, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
    I can't remember the last day I haven't blazed and it feels great lol. I never even spend money on food because would you rather have two cheeseburgers and a coke which will last you like 10 minutes or a 5 sack which will last you an hour? Also, I hardly act like a dick when I'm sober, my mind just keeps constantly telling me, I need a toke, I need a toke, I need a fucking toke. I don't wanna be that dependant on it.

6. only smoke at night and shit

7. You can get dependent on anything. Herb is the best thing to get dependent on, besides exercise, if anything.

8. yeah so far the best word id say to describe that need for weed is dependance but not addiction. Managable addiction could work too.

9. :laughing: Ask almost any drunk out there if their alcohol use is 'manageable'. I don't think that's an appropriate word.

10. I don't mean to repeat everyone but trust me, its all in your head. I mean i suffer from the worst insomnia/ depression, and enjoying a nice boll pack will help. But Ive lived more than half my life sober, and to be honest that part sucked a ton but i still did it so really going a week without it and freaking out is all mental. You want it therefore you crave it, therefore your addicted. Just change how you look at it, live with weed, not for it.

Ganja is just as addictive as TV, the difference? with TV There is not always something on. Weed is always fun haha. Or Imagine someone who unwinds with some video games, all of a sudden being without. sucks just as bad as being without ganja.

11. if you can't live sober you shouldn't get high.

12. You can't get addicted to weed. You only become attached to the feeling.

13. #33 Rastafari, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010

TV is also a drug (WAY more mind-altering than MJ) - main difference being that YOU control MJ, but the TV controls you. You can smoke and get on ANY level you wish, but with the TV you always have to dumb down to their level... just to understand it, you have to see if from THEIR perspective... they even add in fake artificial laughs to keep you glued/force you to think it's humorous... TV promotes such superficial thinking... /rant

14. You just become dependent on exogenous anandamide...

15. this point deserves to be drawn out a bit more, but i'll llow it since i'm busy.

breaking won't stop you from feeling like this, your just postponing the hit. I've seen it in harder-drug addictions where once you take that drug, your hooked, for life. All your life becomes about it waiting for that next hit.. you could stop taking heroin for 20 years, but man better know that you're still addicted, and probably always will be. The same can be said for weed, as it has nothing to do with how addictive it prosaically is, but how psychologically dependent you are on it.

The only way to overcome this is find the reason why weed has become a habit/addiction rather than a recreational thing and change it. It's called the cognitive approach and actually works! You need to replace the maladaptive thoughts about weed as an addiction with thoughts of it as a recreational reward. and since how you think drastically affects your behavior you will stop being 'addicted'

I smoke everyday, but its not an addiction, its a pass time. If i stopped, i'd be fucking pissed but thats it. I've completed numerous t-breaks over my smoking period but never once managed to stop drinking 3/4 cups of coffee a day. <---- that should help to put things into perspective.

peace.

16. Salvation is an act of cognitive apprehension... "Recreation" is a disgusting word that is a product of pathology... defined as an "activity of leisure, leisure being discretionary time" -------> what? Why do people always say "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" like if we ALWAYS have to be doing SOMETHING! We cant ever just mellow out & meditate...
    This is is not "re"-creation, just creation...

17. I don't feel like i'm addicted, I think you just have to calm down and focus on something else. Do you have a hobby if not you should try to find one.

18. i read that this morning and i was like.. wah? :confused:

did all my work, just smoked a bowl..

read it again now and i was like.. word. :smoke:

+rep

19. I don't see how you can get "addicted"

I smoke on and off all the time and have never had any problem stopping.

I guess maybe I just have alot of will? Idk.

20. so u would say weed is an addictive substance?