Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Addicted to the act of smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dm0nt0k3, Sep 22, 2009.

1. I've found that the mere act of smoking, not necessarily weed, relaxes me and soothes me. I don't smoke tobacco, but I have smoked tea before (it's a dumb idea, I know) and though tea only gives me a very slight buzz, the mere act of smoking calms me down and makes me feel good. Not high, but relaxed. I'm worried that maybe this is a sign of addiction, not to weed, but to smoking. I've never smoked cigarettes and never plan to, but I am a little worried about this. So I have two questions:

Does anyone experience anything similar to this?

Is it possible to be addicted to the act of smoking?

2. Everything has a chance to be addicting. Just as people say the are addicted to chocolate. Im guessing somehow the act of smoking is pleasurable/intriguing to you somehow.

3. I'd say it is totally possible. Before my husband and I started smoking weed we looking into natural herbal blends that we could smoke just to smoke. If you aren't totally against tobacco then I suggest picking up a nice little cigar. Not a gas station cigar either. Go to a cigar shop and pick yourself up a good tasting one. You can also invest in a small hookah. Even though it is tobacco the shisha is not addicting at all and it is the smoothest smoke you will ever try. There is a whole other culture around shisha and hookahs.

4. I have this same problem, i smoke everything just for the sake of inhaling and exhaling. It is very calming and relaxing, ahh

5. Exactly. For some reason, no matter what I'm smoking, as long as I'm smoking, I feel good. This is especially true for blunts. I can wrap a blunt of weed, tea, you name it, and smoking it is like 20 minutes in a hot sauna for me.

6. Everything you do regularly becomes "addicting."

If you woke up every morning and immediately got punched in the face, everyday for 30 years. Then one day it stopped, you would be slamming your head into the wall.

Plus it could also be some placebo bullshit.

7. Exactly what you and above said. Same with me.

I just love it..

8. do u drink bong water cuz im goin crazy over here

9. Lol, hell no it's a joke.

10. Lol that reminds me of when I was backpacking and in one of the lunches we got these cat food sized cans of chicken in water, and I was the only one who would drink the water so I didn't have to go pour it out. It was basically chicken broth.

11. I feel the same way.

Its like I want to smoke. and watch the smoke and just the act of smoking is relaxing. If I had anything around the house for herbs, that would smoke like weed but not taste like uber ass crackid smoke that, when out of weed. or roll a cig with it. but i dont.

like I get bored Its the act of smoking weed/cigs thats the most enjoyable for me. but Im addicted to cigs. and It sucks. but also with that. Im bored i dont feel the need for one. Ill just light up a cig and smoke half just to do something for 5 mins.

12. Definitely possible infact I know someone that has said the same thing. My neighbor who grows also smokes cigs and when he tried to quit all he did was smoke pot. He said he didn't do it to get high but because he literally missed the action of lighting up a cigarette and inhaling haha.

James