addicted to pot

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by shoobie, Feb 23, 2009.

1. hey, first post on this site yet ive browsed it for while now.

im scared that im actually addicted to pot.

two weeks ago i laid down 250$ for a nice PHX. its a beautiful peice with an ashcatcher that hits like a champ.

a week ago i spent a week in mexico. in a town called sayulita. its a very small town in comparison with mexicos other cities.

here you could buy a pound of the greenest bud on earth for a bout 100$.

i smoked 4-5 joins/blunts and 5-6 10 bowls a day. for 6 days.

now im back in the states and basically cant stop thinking ab out: pot, growing pot, legalizing pot, how to make bongs/vapes/pipes, MY PHX, more about my PHX.

is this normal??

2. yeh youve turned into a stoner... big whoop wanna fight about it?

3. Most potheads will get on here and tell you that it's not addicting at all, while they smoke 3 or 4 times a day.

Since last October I started smoking 2-4 times a day every day, and I just recently stopped. I can't sleep unless I smoke anymore, and I had a strong mental addiction.

of course i have a very addictive personallity, but yes, it is very possible.

4. so is this a good thing?

5. Don't worry, same thing happens to me from time to time. It just means that it's a big part of your life.

Trust me, it's just time for a tolerance break. Up until a few days ago I was really scared that maybe I was, but then I smoke the last of what I had, haven't smoked since and have had no problems at all.

Well, ok, I went from smoking half a pack of cigarettes a day to smoking a whole one. I'm a cancer addict anyway. Don't go down the cigarette road, trust me. I know addiction. I hate cigarettes but I just can't stop. That's addiction.

When you punch a hole in your wall because you need a joint, have to be high at all times, then your addicted, and you can't get addicted to weed aside from mentally.

Just stop smoking a few days, you'll be right as rain.

6. Pot has a definite mental addiction, but that is pretty much the same about anything that you thoroughly enjoy. I'm addicted to video games, in that case.

There have been reports of physical addiction to pot (according to Erowid), but really, I think you are just becoming a po theed (um, pothead), like stated above. Its a fun thing to do and you like to do fun things, but that can also be classified as a sort of "mental addiction."

I have been like that with many drugs (actually recently, I've come to realize I'm addicted to drugs in general in this manner, haha). I've never really been addicted to anything physically, but mentally I crave more... But just for the fun of it. If I get it, I get it, if not so what. But thats just me.

7. Dude I smoke more weed than anyone I know and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Don't let it get in the way of your responsibilities and you won't have a problem.

8. Don't become that chick in the anti-pot commercial that deflates or whatever.

Lol.

9. that's why you are on this site, because you are a pothead. chill and go smoke a bowl

10. Welcome to my world lmao

11. I'm just saying don't let that get in the way of your job/bills/etc. and you won't have a problem. Be responsible in that sense and weed makes life way better.

And OP, if you ever decide to quit I'll take that PHX off your hands :D

12. Ha, I know what you meant. It just reminded me of it.

13. Its easy to be "addicted" to pot just as its easy to be addicticed to working out, shopping, gambling, fucking bitches, etc etc. But if u stop smoking weed its not like ur gonna vomit and shit uncontrollably. And yea just like everyone else said DONT let it get in the way of your responsibilities. Go to work, pay ur bills, do ur homework etc etc. If you keep ur head above water then by all means smoke that PHX all day long.

14. Truth.

15. It can be really psychologically addicting which can have some physical effects. So it can be argued that it can in some ways be physically addicting. I can't really sleep without pot and my appetite sober has been affected 2

16. It's all in your head. Addiction is for the birds, lol.

17. I find jerking off more addictive than weed! When i don;t jerk off i have withdrawls! :D

18. Okay here we go man.Yes it is possible for the nay sayer's that probably think Marijuana isnt even a drug,which it is ofcourse.

What you need to do is get rid of EVERYTHING you have that has to do with using Marijuana,then dont talk to your friends that only have a negitive impact/only do drug's.Even if all they do is smoke Marijuana.They will lead you to relapsing in the future.

Before we start talking in length and I am sorry if these have been answered but How long have you been smoking?How may time's/amount a day?What setting is it in?Do you have personal thing's you are/are not wanting to deal with?Are you depressed?What do you think you get from abusing Marijuana?Do you want to stop?have you tried before?Ever went to rehab?Do you have an addictive personallity?Does addiction run in family?

19. I have a personal rule where I wont smoke more than 3 days in a row unless there is something special happening on a fourth day and I will never go more than 4 days in a row. However, the three day rule has only been used once to prevent a fourth day and I have never in my life smoked 4 days in a row. back to back days arent too rare, but usually its something like 2 or 3 times per week. I have this rule to prevent myself from becoming a total pothead. I have a second part to my first rule in that after 3 days in a row, and a day off, I can do another three days in a row but after that i have to take a 3 day break, otherwise Id be smoking 3 out of every 4 days.