Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Addict in desperate need of medical cannabis advice, please help?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by jamesLhoffa, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Hi everyone! I used to post on here a while ago, but sort of lost touch and forgot my user name and password lol.
    So, lately (for the past 2 years) I've been taking a lot of oxycontin. It's starting to have a negative impact on my life, and I've been cutting down. I mean to stop, but it's hard enough to cut down as it is. The withdrawal feelings are quite shitty; bad temperature regulation, depressing/anxious/dark thoughts, the digestive tract goes into despair.
    Not to mention, I didn't eat much when I used and then I'd eat a lot. Now my stomach constantly feels somewhat whacked out and my appetite is a shadow of its former self.
    I was wondering, since I have access to certain strains from California sometimes, what strains you folks would recommend to help with what I'm going through?
    Right now I'm using and it helps SIGNIFICANTLY, however just smoking general sativas in the morning and indicas at night, I feel, could be enhanced by using strains for their emphasized benefits when needed.
    Any help would be much appreciated! You guys are all so cool, and this is one of the funnest, most informative, coolest forums ever! Much love and respect!
    - James

ps. Any other tips for kicking the hard stuff?

2. Cool thanks bro! So far I've found that a dark purple blueberry has helped when I have to go to work or class. It only lasts a couple hours, but the feeling is perfect for that situation - good body feeling for pain and discomfort, eases anxiety and helps me be more social, and yet is still not too heavy. I can function at a class-concentration level on Blueberry while still flying high.
    That's an example hehe...I can also get some grandaddy purple, some OG kush, and some Juicy Fruit at the moment.

3. if marijuana doesnt help you might wanna look into getting a script for suboxone. However it is pretty expensive and insuarnce companies dont normally pay for it. (pharmacy tech)

4. I'm trying really hard not to substitute with another opiate, but thank you so much for the advice! The cannabis is helping REALLY well, I just wanted to make my use of it a little more symptom specific. I'll just keep experimenting for now as my supply is a bit limited until a few days from now, methinks. Still, any strain advice would be much appreciated!
    Kush at night time is nice for laying down and feeling comfy enough to sleep well for a bit over 6 hours.

5. if you can get a hold of any kind of sour diesel type strains id recommend it

6. #8 Dropcidnotbombz, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
    fuck ibogane, unless you have the $$ to fly to southwest africa.

Suboxone.

Not to be hypocritical or anything (id rather get this post deleted and help an opiate addict then not) but there is no drug talk allowed besides marijuana.

7. Yeah holy shit lol, I appreciate the advice on Ibogaine, but from what I've heard its kind of...intense? Lol not looking for a 48 hour long hell ride. Thank you though for the SourD advice! That's what I'm lookin for haha!
    But all you folks are cool and rock very much. :smoke:

8. BTW, if you can elaborate, why Sour D specifically? I think Juicy Fruit is related to Sour D, it has a similar smell, look, and effect as when I tried Sour D a few years ago.

9. I would honestly make some hash, or buy some hash.

its your best bet, when I was withdrawling marijuana slightly took off the effects, but since I was so sick, I barly noticed it at all.

Buying a little bit of dank weed, and a little bit of hash/ hash oil, would really bump it up to the next level. Id also recommend indica strains but thats me, sativa tends to make a little bit anxious, and going through withd's I couldent stand that.

10. Oh that sounds like it would do me some good on a day that I'm trying to do none at all...I've got a veritable pile of kief! That can count as hash if I use a liberal sprinkle, hehe...:smoke: