Adderall..need ur opinion

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by flashlight, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Hey guys, yea if youve ever taken adderall xr 30mg you know what im talking about when i say this shits amazing....i take one of these and in a few hours i am the most focused ambitios person ever, i feel like i could do anything...

so anyway i want a perscription for this because at work i am seriously useless sometimes and i cant do that bc i am in sales and i work for myself basically...if i dont focus, i dont make appts. i dont sell etc etc....so far ive done amazing and have also increased in sales every month but i am having so much trouble focusing and through the whole thing this has been a huge problem. i cant sit at my desk for more than 10 minutes and im almost never even in the office anyway...normally i should see about 3-5 people a day and i would be among the very top in sales in my office of 30 in ny...i know i can do that easily but i cant focus long enough to do so...i get up every 10 minutes and i cant help it...

anyway im high right now so i may have just repeated myself bigtime, sorry, but Im going to see the doctor this week and would like to get adderall xr30mg but i think thats the highest dose and i donno if he will give it first go round...how do i go bout telling him ive had it but never had a prescription? and how do i then ask for 30mg xr?

2. Just tell him you have trouble concentrating while you're working and would like something to help you focus. If you actually need the prescription for work like you say you do then you should get what you need...it might not be the same strength or brand, but it should still do the job. Don't tell him you've had it before because you probably won't get any that way, then he'll just think that you want it for recreational purposes.

3. yea but its the only one that does something for me...ive tried all of the popular ones...i know it sounds bad, but its tru so..

4. If it's truly the only thing that will do it for you then tell him that your friend gave you one pill and told you it would help you focus and it did an incredible job.

I don't recommend this... Just say that you're having trouble focusing and take what you get. If it doesn't do anything for you then go back and say it didn't work... He'll prescribe you somethin else till somethin works. :)

5. A doctor isn't just going to prescribe you an amphetamine. You'll most likely have to get evaluated by a psychologist for ADD/ADHD and treated from there...

6. QFT! And it's not wise to tell your doctor that you've already tried out some other medications..

7. I'm a pharmacology major so you "OFT".

8. Doctors already know how college kids abuse amphetamines as it IS the drug of choice at large universities. They don't prescribe them like they did back in the 90's. If you try and tell them that shit, he will just check your medical history and see you are lying and you'll get nothing. Anyways, you'll probably just get some Vyvanse. Good luck. ;)

9. well not in college anymore and will be showing up in my work clothes, suit etc..hopefully he will take me seriously..i printed 2 pages from adderall website that it says to take along with you to your doctors, like questions that help to see if you might have add etc...so maybe that will help as well..we will see...appt. is tomorrow, i wont tell him ive had it, the papers im taking say adderall all over it and ill say i found that bc my friend has add and told me thats what he takes, which is all tru...we shall see...i know i have it but my mom is a nutritionist and would never let me go on med for it but now im on my own insurance so im gonna do it bc its getting rediculous..i cant sit still of in my chair for 5 minutes...

10. QFT=qutoed for truth

11. I thought it was quit fucking talking

12. i though it was Quite Fuckin' True

13. he mentioned me about my current job, and I told him, 'about my job, I'm having problems concentrating, like I'm forgetful, and I have a hard time with, just getting stuff done':)D)

then he slowly raised his head,
    doc:do you think we could give you something for that?
    me: I don't know
    doc: do you think you have adhd?
    me:well I diagnosed for it by my previous doc, but I stopped getting medication before she could try to treat it(due to like doctor offices mix ups..and long trip to jax)(true)

then he thought for a sec,
    doc:well how do you feel about taking strattera? :)mad:)
    me: sure
    doc: oh wait, aren't you paying full price?
    me: yeah(true)
    doc: hmm strattera is expensive..theres other medication but they are stimulant based..like adderal, ritalin..*thinks* would you like to try ritalin?
    me: sure:)hello:)
    doc: ok i'm gonna start you off with 10 mgs

there ya go, maybe you can take something out of that doc visit?

oh and when I went back, I told him that I'm staying on task, and my thoughts are more organized, and that makes it easier to get stuff done (true)

then he gave me three months of meds...effexor is out of this fucking world expensive

:smoking:

14. My girlfriend started taking adderall, not too much, but often. She has since stopped but her usage still affects her today. She is much more impatient and gets pissed off easier, much to my shagrin. We both agree it was the adderall that caused it, there really weren't any other factors. Weed levels her out and makes her much more tolerable but when she cant smoke she gets pissy easily and it worries me what will happen in the future when we have careers and less time to blaze.

15. it is quoted for truth