Adderall in college

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by HughesTabata, Oct 26, 2009.

1. I have to write a 7 page essay due this Friday and I can't concentrate at all, so I bought a 30 mg XR adderall. I opened the capsule and took all of the little beads within an hour or so. I didn't want to take at all at once because I only took adderall once and it was 10 mg and the 10 didn't do anything. I took the 30mg about 3 or 4 hours and I haven't felt much. My attention span might have increased, but barely. I always thought I might have ADHD because I can never concentrate on something for that long even if I'm enjoying what I'm doing. Does this just confirm that I probably have ADHD and thats the reason my 30mg capsule didn't work?

2. bump

Its not like I'm a big guy either. I'm like 5'8" or 5'9" and weigh 140 pounds. I didn't really feel anything.

3. regardless if you have ADD or not, everyone can feel the effects of amphetamine.

the XR in the pill you had stands for 'Extended Release', meaning the contents of the pill will be absorbed over about 12 hours. Taking the beads in intervals didn't really accomplish anything, and if you want to really feel the effects of adderall and get work done, crush the pills and swallow the powder.

4. your adderall is extended release. i would have taken all the beads and crushed them and taken them at once. you'll more than likely just be awake for a while. i didn't notice it making it easier to do my homework, i actually just wanted to do other things. but i was awake as shit.

5. You could have a natural tolerance. I have a crazy natural tolerance for opiates, it's horrible. With no 'tolerance', I can pop 50mg of hydrocodone (the equivalent of an OC30 I think) and if I don't smoke weed, I'm almost completely straight.

6. Wouldn't opening up the capsule affect how quickly it affect me? And I took it about 5 or 6 hours ago and I'm starting to get a little tired like I normally do around this time.

7. Taking the beads out of the capsule would only make a very minor difference in release of the drug. The time release mechanism is in the beads themselves.

Taking adderall doesn't necessarily make you focus. It more jacks up your motivation, especially if you don't have ADD.

30mg XR isn't that large of a dose.

8. try adderall IR. the XR is just meant to last a long time.

9. I'd be surprised if I had a high tolerance for adderall. I'm pretty much a lightweight with everything else lol. I don't smoke or drink that much so I wanted to take it in intervals because when I smoke weed I usually get paranoid for at least part of the high. If the adderall were to work I know I would feel a little paranoia at first, but I felt nothing.

I wasn't really motivated to do anything. I watched an episode of The Wire, listened to Eminem, and surfed the internet.

My friend who sold it to me is bigger, older, and has done way more drugs than me and he says a 30 mg will have him wired for at least a couple hours.

10. Also, is it possible that I actually might have adhd? How would a person on adderall with adhd be affected differently than someone without adhd?

11. I doubt their a natural tolerence for it, I have been taking it for the good part of 8 years and 40mga day keeps me cocentrated on shit, granted it's mostly drawing on it notes.

12. I 'have' ADD and was prescribed adderall in my schooling days of recent. And what happens to me is I get a bit more quiet and just focus on everything. Sometimes it may be hard to tell if it's working. But I found that about 1.5-2 hours after taking the xr pill if I just start to do some work I just stick with and it just goes. If your hands have some shake in em it's another sign it's kickin in.

13. I'm usually pretty shy and I felt a little more talkative, but I think that might have been a placebo effect because I was excited to try adderall. My mind was still wandering though. When I listen to music I usually think about other things with the music in the background and this was no different on adderall.

14. Adderall IR FTW! :D

15. So I took it about 330 yesterday afternoon and I tried to go to bed at around 315 and had trouble falling asleep. I finally fell asleep at around 4 and around 445 a phone went off and woke me up. At first when I woke up I was confused and felt almost like I was dreaming, but then I woke up and have been wide awake since. Its 7am now.

16. Yeah then it sounds to me like its working (based on your lack of sleep) I'm in college as well and I've been contemplating getting some adderall. I haven't done it in like 3 years, so 30 mg would FOR SURE fuck me right up. Maybe you do have ADD or ADHD and thats why you don't speed balls when you take it but i sure as hell dooo :hello:

17. i never liked the xrs, they never seemed to affect me much either. id usually just get the irs in different sizes, and id take about 20mgs. it was plenty for me to be up the whole night, get my homework done, drop it off and then take a nap around 10am