Add

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by egschadd21, Apr 14, 2009.

1. I have to write a psychology paper on the subject if ADD exists.

What are your thoughts?

2. It exsists. I have it. Medication helps me.

Its a chemical imbalence in your brain.. or so i was told.
    Shits legit.

3. Ok thanks, do you have any personal stories or anything of that sort? Anything interesting about it, like do you feel the medication really helps or you couldn't function without it?

Alsooo... anyone out there at all that doesn't believe ADD exists?

4. you would be a dick to deny a legitimate illnesd that effects millions everyday. i don't really think you'll get that here. i think it's a chemical imbalance, or there is a slower part of the brain that makes me more hyper or some shit. idk, it's complicated but it is real and i interact with people who have it everyday

5. I know for a fact ADD exists. The reason why people says it doesn't is because so many doctors have I guess you could say "accidentally" prescribed children because they had symptoms of ADD or ADHD. Although some had the symptoms really bad compared to others who had it. Like the symptoms were much stronger. But basically both of those groups of people got prescribed and some people who are prescribed the medication don't technically have it. Others have it real bad and if you ever met a person with a severe case of ADD. Well they basically have quick mood swings and seem wacked out.

6. Well, i just discoverd a side effect of my adhd. Its hard to hold relationships, well, more than one relationship. I can have one friend, and basicially only one friend. They get all my attention, and its hard to even the load on my other friends, its like that friend is the only one i care about. its weird. Also, when trying to concentrate, like on a test, the harder you try to think of something, the harder it gets, if you reach for it, you can just nick it, and it gets pushed further back into your mind, its absolutley horrible. Its because ( i think) the harder you try to get you'r neurons to fire properly, the more improperely they fire, it sucks...

7. im diagnosed with it and i dont think it exs....... sorry lost my train of thought

nah for real though the medication never did shit for me except make me feel tense as fuck

8. I was diagnosed ADHD when I was ~6 years old. They put me on every fucking amphetamine in the book, of course I didn't realize the gold mine I was receiving. By 12-13 I refused to take any of their bullshit medicine and I've done so up to 23. I do fine in school, now a senior in college, and without that nonsense bullshit "medicine", my only medicine is my Cannabis, not sure what I would do without that.

So it may "exist" but I think the method of treatment is more harmful to the patient than the symptoms. Its time we quit throwing harmful synthetic pharmaceuticals down the throats of our children in order to "calm them". Its bullshit, lets get out of the pharmaceutical companies pockets and start taking care of our problems with natural remedies (Cannabis).

I'm not suggesting we allow little kids to smoke the ganja, but I do think that the pills prescribed are more harmful than good.

9. Thanks for all the feedback guys, it helped a lot.

10. I get this really bad too

The second I fear I wont be able to concentrate I get a block and wont be able to think about it until I completely forgot how much of a problem I was having with it