Add

Discussion in 'General' started by sutats, Nov 18, 2012.

1. For as long as I know I have had trouble sitting down and focusing on a task for a long period of time. I will always get side tracked with something else and very easily distracted. Even with my job ( I work from home drawing story boards) I work for maybe a few hours and then stop and do something else for a while and then get back to work. If I try to work straight through the day I get frustrated and agitated and a bit anxious.

My friend has a prescription for 20mg extended release Adderall and he gave me one. (I know it is against the rules to talk about other "drugs" but I feel that this is medically related and not recreational). I took it this morning and all day I have been mega focused. I got so much done. I finished a drawing I was working on, I felt compelled to sit down and research things and take notes on them, and just generally very driven and motivated and super focused.

I'm personally against pharmaceutical made drugs (I won't even take Advil unless I have an unbearable headache) but I feel like this helps me out a lot. Enough to consider seeing a doctor about it. I never really go to the doctors and if I do it's for a checkup.

Anyone have experience with this kind of thing and can help me out? I feel like it would help me out for the better. I almost feel normal and I'm barely daydreaming (which is something I'm quite known for).

Sorry for the wall of text. :smoking:

2. Anybody have any input?

3. I think I saw that on Rock Center...
    Something to help ADD I think...
    And I think you shouldn't use it.
    Just saying...

4. Well Adderall is supposed to do that, so don't think just because it made you focused means that you should be prescribed them.

5. Doesn't matter, it's against the rules either way. :p