Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ADD meds

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by happy tree, Feb 26, 2009.

1. so i have mild A.D.D and got prescribed Concerta from my doctor. i take 54mg daily, popping it before school and i guess it does its job. but my question is, i was wondering if smoking weed with Concerta in my system will have any odd/different effects? also, when i take my Concerta, i noticed that it makes me overly self-conscious and paranoid and a bit shakey. will weed help this or make it worse?

any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. i got off concerta like 3 months ago, they switched me to vyvanse. the only thing i noticed when high with concerta was the extremly fast heart rate, it was like pounding out my chest. now that im on vyvanse i dont notice anything. idk just try it out, i can guarantee you, nothing bad will happen.

3. If you can function without the meds, sell them.

Kids eat those things up like candy.

4. yea the fast heart rate sucks but i haven't noticed any odd side effects while toking but a good general rule of thumb is don't mix drugs unless you know what will happen.

5. I take 18mg of Concerta daily and haven't noticed any issues with smoking. This is also way later in the day though and I'm on a low dose.

6. thanks for all the tips, i just wanted to make sure i wouldnt explode or something. haha

a couple of my friends who also take ADD meds claim that they have much better highs when they take their meds before smoking. then again, they take diff ADD meds than me so maybe that could be it.

7. Dude, if you have mild A.D.D. you shouldn't be in 54 mg daily. I have a 36 mg / day prescription and I am 6'1" 205 lbs. This is probably why you feel self concious and shaky.

As for smoking while on it, I find if I rail some beforehand it makes my high feel super clear and under control.

8. you'll be fine. if anything your high will be enhanced with a more rushing feeling to your face. being that because concerta, ritalin, vyvanse, etc are all kinda "fast drugs". creating a numbness to some parts of your body (one being your face).

9. they got me on 72 mg daily...i wiegh 135 hahahaha

10. On a seperate note, but of equal interest, when talking to my psychiatrist about A.D.D. medicinal options I brought up cannabis and in small doses it is actually a great stimulant for some cases of A.D.D. To the O.P. I think you will be even more focused if you're a little bit high, and on your concerta!

11. yea i weigh around 150 and i'm 5'11. i remember when i first started the concerta, i didnt have the weird side effects, but i was on a lower dose. i think it's when they upped my dose that i started to feel weird.
    maybe i need to cut back haha

12. i've heard stuff like that before, and i'm not surprised! marijuana is magical after all.:smoke:
    haha but i think that's completely true. i just dont wanna go to school while high... and thats the only time when i really need to be focused :(

13. yea, not sure if you experience the lack of appetite as a side effect but the pot cancels it out quite nicely hehe

14. yeah, i hardly eat when i'm on the stuff. but really the only reason why i keep taking it is because it's the only thing that will keep me awake in school.

15. I would say it's a good combination if your having no appetite.
    No idea about any negative effects cocktailing the two .