ADD meds

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jomoyo069, Aug 14, 2008.

1. so my dad thinks i have add and wants me to see a doctor .. so reluctantly i agree just to get him to get off my back.. he thinks i have add b/c i dont notice shit and because i have a bad memory.. little does he know that its just because i smoke alot of weed..

so he calls me and tells me the only way to find out if i have add is to take meds and find out.. he tells me to take my brothers prescription meds and see if they help me..

i told him i might,...

i just want to know if there are any side effects to taking those pills.. its called vyvanse..

2. http://www.drugs.com/vyvanse.html

" Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using Vyvanse and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

• fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;
    • decreased blood pressure (feeling light-headed, fainting);
    • dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
    • tremor, restlessness, hallucinations, unusual behavior, or motor tics (muscle twitches).
    Less serious side effects may include:

• nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, weight loss;
    • blurred vision;
    • skin rash;
    • feeling irritable;
    • sleep problems (insomnia); or
    • dry mouth or an unpleasant taste in your mouth.
    This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect."

Pleased to do your research for you.

3. i saw that but i was wondering about people that actually took it.. not just the shit on the internet .. real peoples shit..

and does smoking weed affect it any how?

4. what exactly is it?..when i think of ADD meds adderall, concerta, ritalin, and focalin come to my mind. ive never heard of that one.

5. stimulant... you can look it up on search here on grasscity.. i just realized other people have talked about it some too

6. does it compare with adderall in terms of strength.. i looked into a bit its a dexamphetamine right?

smoking weed on stimulants has always added to the paranoia and racing heart for me anyways...cant say i find the 2 all that enjoyable when combined.

7. I'd tell Dad no way. You can not diagnoses an illness by taking a pill prescribed to someone else to see what happens. Also, it can be dangerous. And it's illegal.

In an ideal world you could just tell him the real reason for your scatter-brain. But we all know how ideal the world is.

You might have ADD. It does 'run in families.' But that and some spaciness isn't enough to get a diagnosis. From what I understand, they put you through a series of testing, review your school history and more before making that diagnosis and prescribing.

Those kinds of medications have some serious side effects. Unless you're causing or having significant trouble at school, I think they're a bit less likely to immediately diagnose ADD as they used to be.

Good luck with it.

8. Just want to say I smoke daily and I don't have too many problems with memory plus I'm one alert and lucid motherfucker.

9. try ritalin it doesn't have as much bad side affects.

10. i have been taking vyvanse without any side effects now for about a month for my
    add. it is not as strong as adderall but works well for me. good luck.

11. i took the vyvanse today 50mg .. honestly i love the way it makes me feel.. at work i got done 30 minutes early i was going good the whole way through..

im seeing a psychiatrist next friday, and ill see what she has to say

12. i just want something cleared up idk if its a myth or just a common misconception or if its true or what... but supposedly if you have ADD taking the meds calms you, while if you dont taking them provides the stimulating effect? ive always felt this is bullshit and makes little sense. my evidence is that my long time friend who was always an average student in school (mostly C's mixed with a couple B's) finally saw a shrink and was diagnosed ADD..but before being diagnosed he enjoyed stimulant drugs(coke and illegally using others ADD meds) and he fell in love with adderall when it was prescribed to him.. his grades improved but he does feel as though he needs it to function properly. he doesnt get the paradox effect which would be calming instead he feels stimulated the same way i would if i took them, so does that mean hes not actually ADD and the drugs are just having there natural effect which would be to improve his focus and what not?

13. #13 kush<>~, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
    Adderall is what I take for my ADD. Meds like Ritalin calm you down if you have ADHD.

14. ^^ but adderall will stimulate anyone ADD or not..is that what your saying or no?

15. Thats why i take it.
    It's like a cup of coffee in the morning, that will keep you going till you go to bed.

16. The next few times you take it, you still feel a little of that, then your body gets used to it, and it's like coffee to you. (shrug) it's still effective, just not as wonderful.
    (also it you take more than two, you'll have a problem getting off... you've been warned)

17. Just dont turn into a zombie;

18. wat do u mean by getting off? getting off the pills, or "getting off"?

19. Lol

<3 Amphetamines

They do stimulate even if you have ADHD.

I'm not soooo hyperactive anymore because of weed but my attention span, impulse control, forgetfulness, & distractability is so damn high when I'm normal it sucks because it's hard to make friends because they think I think twisted/sideways.

Instead of relying on amphetamines to help you focus & shit, first try a lifestyle change (do something completely different or take something bad out or just change something in your daily routine) which might help you have a different train of thought & help you in the long run.