Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ADD/ADHD and Weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kd0G420, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Do any of you have any info on this? I THINK I have ADD. When high I can sometimes focus. Once I got really high, and HAD to do schoolwork, cause I thought it would be fun. I've also heard it is bad for ADD/ADHD. Any studies, and personal experience would be great. Thank you.

2. i have add and when i did my homework while high i could concentrate better but it took me longer cause i was slow as hell XD

3. [quote name='"grungetoker"']i have add and when i did my homework while high i could concentrate better but it took me longer cause i was slow as hell XD[/quote]

This. Since ADD people tend to have more creativity, I got really high on a sativa. I had really low tolerance but .3 grams got me to blasted. I ended up doing biology and it was a total mind fuck. I understood what I was reading but I could not stop associating every membrane action in a cell with movie scenes.

4. #4 Walter White, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    I believe I have ADD and I've seen both beneficial and problematic effects from smoking. The first few times I smoked, I was able to focus better than I ever was before. The reason was because everything seemed brand new and beautiful so it required all my focus, leaving nothing to distract me.

However, after years of daily smoking, my ADD undoubtedly worsened to a point that it began to ruin my life. I would smoke and literally just zone out in my thoughts for hours, not moving or doing anything. This could last for 6 hours and it would only feel like 30 minutes had gone by. I had no control over it and it would even carry over to when I wasn't high anymore.

I have since stopped smoking and the uncontrollable distracting thoughts are slowly going away. I'm hoping to get a medication prescription in the near future to completely eliminate them. I guess weed speeds up the thinking process which after constant daily smoking can amplify ADD symptoms. After I get an amphetamine prescription and slow down my brain to a normal focused level, I plan to continue smoking but in cautious moderation. I'm extremely scared that smoking more than once a month will worsen my symptoms again which is hell on earth.

On the bright side, I wouldn't have known I had ADD without smoking. I probably wouldn't have realized it until I was 40 which would be terrible due to the complete recovery that modern medicine can provide.