Adam Kokesh Arrested At Philly Pot Rally

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lightupbong, May 19, 2013.

1. How can the charges go from resisting, to impeding an officer, to assaulting an officer?

How can somebody be charged with a crime, when in fact the crime in question cannot be verified by the accusers, and is constantly changing?

Whats next, he is going to get charged with inciting a riot?

FUBAR.

2. Have you heard of empires? This is how empires operate. Why do people still act surprised? The bad shit didnt even start happening yet, ready history books on empires, you will see that arresting people like adam is just the begging

3. Truth is treason, in the empire of lies.

4. <blockquote>War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
    Pizza is Vegetable
    </blockquote>

</blockquote>:smoke:

Very true...

7. Blowback
    [​IMG]

Does libertarianism/voluntarism have a honest martyr now?

8. Martyr? The dude has only been in jail for a couple of days, let's not over exagerate.

9. No idea whatsoever, just saw the video on /r/Anarcho_Capitalism

10. r/libertarian is a cesspool of neocons nowadays, so I guess I'm on to r/anarcho_capitalism.

Seriously, i saw a discussion in r/libertarian where this guy was like " i don't see how the patriot act expands government".

11. I've seen so many gems in /r/Libertarian lately, such as the obligatory "If you don't want to pay taxes, move to a country that doesn't have them... like Somalia."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/1ems84/abolish_the_irs_and_the_income_tax_with_it/ca1xi4s

12. #152 Tripace, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
    Isn't that sorta like saying "let's not make this out to be a conspiracy."? Sorry, but it's kinda too late for that, the popo quite clearly had it out for Adam when they went to arrest him. Maybe, a few people can claim to believe they were just trying to break up the smokeout meet-up, but even they can only do it half-heartedly. The reason he was taken into custody is blatantly obvious, because he is planning the armed march. So, why take him into custody, just to release him before the march, so that he can continue the march, even more determined than he was before? No, they are going to do everything they can to hold him, at least until after the date planned for the march, or...? Wait, even if they released him before the march, whats to stop him from doing another one?

Let's not forget they have that new little trick they could always pull, all they have to do is claim that an armed march on DC is a terrorist action, calling Adam a terrorist, and... BAM! indefinite detention! We might not ever see him again, or, they could claim he is indefinitely detained in an unannounced location, and just disappear him with two to the back of the head, who knows? Over exaggerate? No, not when it comes to someone who is very obviously a political prisoner in what has quickly escalated to a political dictatorship. TPTB have two choices here, they will either disappear him permanently in one of the two ways I just described, or they will take him to an undisclosed location and indoctrinate the hell out of Adam, brainwashing him into yet another mindless sheep that no longer questions their authority. Adam is just too outspoken against them, and they are not happy with it. His actions are the type that will eventually stir up an uprising, and that is something they must stop, in order to remain in power.

13. #153 ProvidencePlant, May 22, 2013
    I'm just saying, I don't think martyr is the correct word, that's all. I'll refrain from going on a trirade. There was not a single religous aspect to the events that unfolded, sorry that I'm a stickler for using accurate depictions, I guess?

14. #154 Tripace, May 22, 2013
    It could be a bit preemptive, but I've got a BAD feeling it's going to be correct... :hide:

Yeah, I don't get why so many people are surprised by all this, considering:

For almost a year and a half now, this president and all future presidents have the legal power to capture, detain indefinitely without access to a lawyer, torture or kill you, me, or any other human being walking the face of the earth.

Law is whatever the government says it is.

16. Lol, I did see that on r/shitstatistssay.  I have no idea where all these people are coming from.

I know some libertarians support taxation but that is not an argument that they make.

What ever happened to "We The People"?

Pot rally aside, the guy seems like a trouble maker to me. An armed march on DC? Pure stupidity. With all the shootings and bombings going on and this guy gaining a higher profile with libertarian nut jobs, Of course the government is gonna step in and neutralize the situation.

18. Ok, maybe I choose poor words. This kidnapping of AK really bothers me. @[member="Tripace"] and I could have easily had the same fate when we saw Ron Paul speak at the very same location. It hits too close to home for me (and I'm t-breaking, day 17, wahoo)!

19. IDK, but maybe this was Adam's intent? Maybe he knew something big had to happen to make people finally step up. Maybe he realized that if he became a "martyr", it would start people talking, a government that's taking political prisoners, simply for exercising their Constitutional rights? That's what we call a dictatorship!  Adam is no fool, he knows that even though he has been taken, someone else is going to step up to the plate and lead this march, and especially now that TPTB are trying to squelch it, it's all the moreso important that it goes down. It gives those dedicated even more reason to make their voices heard, even more reason to fight the good fight, and if needs be, even more reason to remember the reasons for the Revolutionary war, and the reason our 2nd Amendment was written in the first place.

20. I fucking LOVE PIZZA!

YES!

Free Adam!

FUCK YOU FEDS!