Adam Kokesh Arrested At Philly Pot Rally

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lightupbong, May 19, 2013.

Naw dude I got nothing better to do  :smoke:

And I think Adam will face a judge on Thursday, but who knows. It was already pushed back from Monday I think.

2. #182 DopeImean, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    ICGreen is a forum "provocateur", don't mind em.  :confused_2:
    Adam Kokesh supposedly blocked officers from arresting someone smoking pot. So they instantly group handle him and claim he was resisting arrest.  This is the Feds way of trying to settle down the event since it doesn't have it's "spokesperson". 

Idk if thats working but AVTM is releasing a podcast today with some concrete information on Adam and Poe, hopefully...

3. Yeah, if making you think is provocative, I guess I can be. If you feel labeling people is a worthy goal, what does that make you? :smoke:

4. Don't be talkin crap about my dad guys.

5. #185 Arteezy, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    He got arrested and is facing a felony charge (assaulting a federal officer) for no good reason other than they wanted to arrest him. Also, it seems someone tried to plant a joint on him while he was being arrested.

He's still being held (without bail) in some federal jail at this point as far as I'm aware.

6. That whole "planting a joint on kokesh" thing has been resolved with a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rfyFVFggTk

7. #187 Johnny Cash, May 23, 2013

I don't know if having a different opinion equates to not giving a shit about human rights or freedom, but if that's the way you see it, fine.  Also, I said I don't support fully legalized gun ownership for my country, whatever you Americans do is up to you. I am here because I am curious to see what will happen and I admire people who peacefully speak out for what they believe is right. You say you would fight back. In what sense? My question was if the police were to break up the demonstration and things got violent, would you start shooting?

edit: I see you already sort of answered the question. Only if the police were to attack you personally, apperantly.

8. Any new word on Adam? or N.A. Poe?

My next question for some of the veterans around here...

Do you guys think he will be released, or at the very least have a fair trial, and the march on July 4th will still commence?

I'm afraid to hear the answers...

9. #189 Magical Wizard, May 23, 2013
    I haven't been listening to the latest podcasts, so I don't know of any updates on his situation other than what's already been stated above. But I don't really think they will release him by the march which is very soon in under 2 weeks, and the feds typically doesn't treat political prisoners so great. I'm a bit worried on whether or not he will be convicted or given a fair trial, but it doesn't seem like he was "assaulting an officer" by the video evidence so I don't think a jury would buy it either. The march probably will go on even stronger if Adam is imprisoned on the 4th, there are other people in AVTM who could take the lead perhaps (or what about AJ :p)

10. #190 Egghead03, May 23, 2013
    Alright,

Monday was the original court date. He went, refused to provide information, and refused to talk to his lawyer. That is why a Detention Hearing was scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday @ 1:30 PM. This hearing is for the state to prove he has to be detained, and if not, he will receive a bail. This is where it stands now.

Poe and Kokesh have both already had commissary money deposited so they can order items if they are held longer.

Neither can accept visitors until the 10th day (they have to approve a list and it get filed etc.)

Tomorrow, Thursday, there is a rally outside the federal court house in Philly. Here is the info as quoted by Adam FB:

"We are rallying starting at 10 AM Eastern Thu May 23 at 601 Market St Phila in support of activists and courageous human beings ADAM KOKESH and N.A. POE. Arrested and framed by federal cops Sat May 18, they are physically caged but mentally free in orange jumpsuits in the hole of the Philadelphia federal prison. RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/109449985929057/"

Adam's court time is at 130 but as you can see everyone should be there by about 10AM. If you are going, bring some noise makers like air horns and signs...

Lucas and Darrell should be on AJ again during the rally. 

The charge stems from them saying Adam physically used his body to block an officer from getting to another person actively smoking. This would be IMPEDING a police officer and is a misdemeanor. The issue is they are saying at some point during this his hand physically blocked/touched an officers arm or pushed it away or something. Either way this is the assault charge..... 

Source: Just passed a bowl to Lucas...

EDIT: They also want to know if Adam possesses any guns etc. due to his "excessive drug use" and we all know veterans can't own guns because if they use drugs or have PTSD history.....both apply to Adam as he has talked about this. 

Also, internet is down/cut off @ Kokesh compound. That is why they have so many issues doing interviews since yesterday and that is why there was limited updates to Adams FB yesterday...

11. Also the podcast was just uploaded to AVTM.com and they will be live @ freeadamkokesh.com in 5 minutes, @ 1130

12. #192 Deleted member 472633, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    I think civil disobedience is a lot better and more noble then out and out violence. I respect those monks who burned themselves alive in the vietnam war more than I respect George Washington or some other rebel army leader.

Hell if I had terminal cancer and the balls to do it, I would march up to the gates of the white house or congress and burn myself alive, making sure to hurt no one but myself. 

The problem with rebellions or revolutions is that a lot of innocent or good people die. I am not even talking about civilians per se. Like in the American revolution for example, I don't consider the British soldiers to be necessarily bad guys, a lot of them were conscripted or had no other choice. They were forced into that position whether they knew it or not by statist puppet masters. 

2 weeks? I thought it was July 4th?

I think it is.

The Wizard must have skipped over the month of June. :D

Bump ;)

16. thanks for the bump but it reached the 5k limit already. NA Poe defebse fund should have a link on there and his is at 2k currently so let's not forget about him too!

Also the 5k is a detainer for the lawyer, who has been chosen. Adam and Poe will need a total of 10-12k to cover all costs and there will be another fundraiser for both.

17. #197 Egghead03, May 23, 2013
    Lucas and Darrell are saying DHS is on scene outside the courthouse already...

Also look up mike salvi's world on ustream for live feed starting @ 1. Chris cantwell shoukd be doing one as well...

18. I might be alone on this but I can't stand Lucas and Darrell. At all.

19. #199 tokin', May 23, 2013

You can also donate to the keep the show going. They don't have access to funds without Adam.

http://freeadam.net/support

I don't mind Lucas or Darrell...they obviously aren't used to being "in front of the camera" so to speak but I enjoyed listening to the podcast they put out. I wonder who they have lined up to lead the march, they mentioned they had someone else leading I think.

20. I just threw some funds his way. Enjoy some snacks on me, Adam. 

Pretty shitty to hear how cold they keep the cells, but definitely not surprising. Assholes.