Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Actually enjoying not smoking?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Xxitslethal, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Okay, so im a soph in college started smoking fresh man yr in hs. Was like maybe once every few months until winter.
    Then it progressed to a few times a month, until junior year where it was about once a week maybe a bit less until the end of the year when I got my first job.
    It then became a pretty daily thing, progressing to more and more for the most part.
    Fast forward to now, I'm on a forced t-break for joining a club. Now dont get me wrong I love toking, but not smoking has been a very nice change.
    Im realizing that toking at all times if I wasnt in class is not necessary and was making it a bit dull.
    Although sobreity can suck at times its really not all that bad. Personally enjoying it a bit, im a bit mentally sharper and have been able to remember my dreams which is cool, im going to work on vivid dreaming before the break is over.
    Anyway sorry if this is the wrong section or if you wish to not consider me seasoned, but this is just a post to my fellow recreational smokers abusing it to remind them sobreity is far from the end of the world.
    Sorry for long post and grammar mistakes im on my phone.
    Tldr: not smoking is far from the end of the world and in times of our lives is something we should all do to remind ourselves.
    Thanks for reading

• Like Like x 6
  2. blasphemer.

3. Also happened to me, but now Im currently in the abuse era :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seriously give it a try I was high nearly every waking moment this summer

• Like Like x 3
  5. It's nice to have the mental clarity sometimes. But I've also found (for me) that being sober makes it a little bit easier for you to be susceptible to things you wouldn't be when high.

Kinda of like a very minor form of brain washing. I don't like that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Having a balance between two makes you enjoy Cannabis for what it's worth. Abstinence? Sorry lady the drugs chose me.

• Like Like x 5
  7. I can still recall dreams fine when I consistently bake...they're just different. Same thing with sleeping aids.

Sober dreaming is by far the absolute best. Especially after heavy periods of smoking. I actually get dreams within a dream often haha (mindfuck to be sure). Stupidly vivid...

But yeah, normal sobriety is a trip in and of itself when you take a break. After that 2-3 week mark though all the interesting effects are gone and it's time to go back to smoking. Nice to ease back in just like when you start after breaks. Keeps things interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've been considering a good 3-4 week t break. Not necessarily because of my tolerance, but just to be refreshingly sober for a little bit. The tolerance would just be a plus.

9. I'm on a t break atm after 2 years of daily smoking and I feel great! I've got more energy, feel better physically and mentally and overall just enjoying life more. I'm getting so much done as well (keeping myself busy) so that's great as well, and to think I was dreading this time off; hell I might never go back!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. You're on a t-break for joining a "club" you say? Are you pledging a fraternity right now? I know some fraternities have sober pledgeships so pledges can drive belligerently drunk brothers around.. 

11. just don't forget to bring a towel 

12. Entirely irrelevant.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Entirely irrelevant, we're allowed to drink anyway, but nationals gives us a drug test. I avoided this bc obviously most get a bad connotation and most stoners would likely find themselves not liking them. However, it's far from the cliche fraternity and would never find myself pledging if it was not for this one. They are basically all cool stoners, who like me were quite a bit different from the cliche. The two deciding factors were a few members very similar to me, and on member with some form of disability, but still extremley intelligent (engineer who graduated early) who only had great things to say for the experience and members.

Sorry, felt the need to explain myself due to what most would expect.

14. The topic of this is the fact that some daily tokers should give themselves a refresher of sobreity. The only reason I even mentioned joining a club was because I would not have even considered stopping if I wasnt required to.

15. #15 shaddytheman, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    I actually want to clear my head from the constant fog that's spread through out my brain, it's like my brain has cerebral discoveries that it wants to dig up but can't due to the cloudyness that's preventing it. Guess it's a sign to smoke more Sativa and less Indica, or find better quality bud since the weed I get contributes to this burnout effect.

16. Certain buds certainlly burn you out at a far quicker rate both physically in terms of needing sleep, and mentally in terms of dehabilitating your ability to think.

17. Yeah it's the lower quality bud.

18. Thanks for the post man im on a break at the moment got a job making 21$ an hour so my head was like keep smokin bud and make 11.75 an hour or stop and make 21 but its been kinda rough just of the boredom but im only on day 3 lol so thanks this gives me more motivation not to light up

19. all this means is MORE WEED FOR ME *foams*

are you feeling it, mr krabs?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hey man I can totally understand the bordeom because thats why I would smoke before my break. However, I currently don't even have time. My recommendation is find an activity that will be beneficial for your life either mentally or physically or something you simply enjoy.