Actual Cost of oxycodone

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Danktropolis, Apr 13, 2009.

1. i had to pay for a few pills this week cuz my insurance was fucked up, thought id share what walgreens charged me.
    generics-
    1 30mg oxycodone IR: $1.93
    1 5mg/325mg oxy/APAP perc $.55

2. #2 PsychiatricWard, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
    the price on the oxy is fucking incredible wtfff. lucky bastard haha. that's only $2.48 out of your wallet haha

3. May I ask why they have you on both Percocet and OxyIR at the same time? I've heard of Percocets being prescribed alongside Oxycontin and other time released formulas for breakthrough pain, but not with another instant release formula.

4. He got ran over by a forklift. :wave:

5. You're missing the question. He is saying he has never heard of Percs being given along side another instant release.

6. Damn, I only read the first sentence. But still, he fuckin' got ran over by a forklift.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you got ran over by a forklift, I wish you lived somewhere near me so I could give you some of this White Widow I be toking on.

8. lol idk how relevant that is to the question.... but yeah must suck

9. everyone is saying lucky bastard and shit, this is rediculous. The healtcare system in america, i read this guys other thread and he needs them to treat pain, lets say he needs 30 of the oc a month, and 2 a pop, thats already 60 bucks, plus the other pills, thats very expensive for something you need

10. dude. forklift.:p:p

..for real though dude, i was looking at on of the big legit online pharmacies the other day
    (you gotta send in your prescription to get those drugs) and the fucking price for an OC eighty is 8 dollas and thirty three cents.:eek:

some spots are a dolla a milligram, imagine 10 CENTS a milligram!!! id be like:hippie::hippie: and :love: and:metal: and :yay: all at the same time all the time.

11. he doesn't seem to be complaining, in fact, he seems to be rubbing it in our faces sooooooo o_O

12. ummm, thats not bad. $2 for 30 MG.

but that's bs if you need it for pain.

13. lol what's a better price then?

14. #14 Danktropolis, Apr 13, 2009
    prescribed the percs every 6 hrs, the IR's are for breakthrough pain ;)

btw i think its funny that people know that yes, i was run over, and no im not a lucky bastard.
    im actually quite unlucky, you should see the scar

im not rubbing it in your face, just letting the public know.
    the more you know!

15. hope your okay man, i pay 1-3 bucks for a whole bottle of any prescription make sure when your ok to ween off those things or u gunna be looking around on the streets for some;)

16. Oxycodone IR is basically a perc. An OxyContin is Continuous Release oxycodone, or perc... he basically just got prescribed to the same thing, one a much higher dose than the other (inevitable, without apap). Theyre the same drug though.

17. In my opinion I think he got prescribed both oxy and percs for a few reasons. First, he may need the oxy for immediate relief of symptoms along with the higher dosage in one pill. The perc's he may need for the tylenol for additional relief of inflammation and stuff like that. Lastly, to be consuming perc's daily-that leads to A LOT of tylenol working on your liver, which willl lead to even more health problems. So it seems pretty logical to why he is prescribed both.

Thank god for mass health, I pay 2$ per bottle of scripts, not too shabby :)

Anyway, get well soon dank, chronic pain is no fun even with those opiates :eek:

18. Kinda makes you wonder why you pay 20 buck for one on the street.

then again I guess if i was selling narcotics I'd want bank too. But raising the price ten dollars or more in the name of profit is kind of crazy now that I know how much they really cost.

Next time I go buy some she's gonna be like $12 a pill, and I'm just gonna be like "are you SURE?"
    and ill flash a walgreens card and she'll know..

19. #19 HomerK, Apr 13, 2009
    In what part of my post did you infer that I didn't understand that information?

No, that's just completely wrong. If you'd bothered to read the whole thread, you'd see that he is taking the Percocets every 6 hours with the OxyIR used for pain that cannot be managed with the lower dose. The OxyIR is clearly to be used in addition to the already consumed Percocet. The APAP content's effect on the liver is clearly not of concern to his physician. With that dose, he'd be well under the danger zone as long as he takes them as prescribed. It would make more sense to me, if I were his physician, to put him on a 40 or 60mg Oxycontin in the morning with 5 to 10mg Percocet for the breakthrough pain. It would put less stress on his liver with the added benefit of less dosages to keep up with.

20. [\QUOTE] No, that's just completely wrong. If you'd bothered to read the whole thread, you'd see that he is taking the Percocets every 6 hours with the OxyIR used for pain that cannot be managed with the lower dose. The OxyIR is clearly to be used in addition to the already consumed Percocet. The APAP content's effect on the liver is clearly not of concern to his physician. With that dose, he'd be well under the danger zone as long as he takes them as prescribed. It would make more sense to me, if I were his physician, to put him on a 40 or 60mg Oxycontin in the morning with 5 to 10mg Percocet for the breakthrough pain. It would put less stress on his liver with the added benefit of less dosages to keep up with.[/QUOTE]

hopefully i can sort things out hehe
    i used to be on APAP separate and morphine sulphate pills (ER and IR), then i got changed to oxy ir's for the breakthrough pain between doses, added walking, etc. the APAP is a concern with perc of course, thats why im on IR's separate and take a set amount for the pain every day. the IR use is a little more lenient, i use it when i have to, and i usually HAVE to ;)

everytime i bring up OC my doc shoots it down. an oxy ER would be great for the morning, instead of having to dose myself all day, and yea, less stress off the liver. but i am still going to need 1500mg of APAP three times a day, as he wants to get me off narcotics and keep me on non narc pain killers (celebrex, gabapentin/neurontin)

and i got my $$$ back today from walgreens, got everything straightened out through my workmans compensation. best insurance ever, if you dont like privacy. but i do, but i have no money and it pays for everything. cuz they were the fuckers that did this to me