Activism : NORML

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by IceCreamKidd, Mar 26, 2002.

?

Which one are you

1. Belong to NORML

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Belong to other activism group

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Subscribe to some cannabis magazine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Buy magazine regularly on newstand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bum and only smokes =)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anyone here a member of NORML? Any other activism groups. Magazines subscriptions? Im just curious, I am thinking about sending money to NORML. =)

Zachary

2. my hear is with the cause ! All my money goes to dealers!

3. i just signed up and am now a member of the houston chapter norml.

4. i'm really poor, i'd love to give money away to help marijuana become legal. But that's about the last thing I'm able to do. Whenever i get things back on track for sure norml is getting some cash from me. Right now all the money i can get my hands on is for the bills.

5. What do they do with money what can they do put out fliers or something i have no idea what the hell they do

:smokin:

6. http://www.norml.org/about/index.shtml check that out..it will tell you what the money goes to. It's something everyone who supports the legalization of marijuana and medical marijuana to join. A lot of cities and/or states have their own chapters of NORML that you can join too.

7. I just went to the site i didnt know there were people out there really fighting to lagalize pot i sent my congressman letters if any one hasnt gone there you really should

8. I wish we had the extra $ laying around, and we are coming into some soon... We keep saying GOSH we should join, but then some big fat bill comes up and knocks us back.

One of these days!
    Until then, we're gonna attend the Million Marijuana March, and do whatever we can locally that comes up..
    xo

9. my money will be going to the lca first, the dutch experience second, the international coffeeshop initiative third, red eye magazine 4th, etc etc, NORML, etc etc, Greenpeace, etc, etc.

note that i said "my money WILL be goin" .... as in I aint got none @ the mo.

Digit

10. I really couldn't afford it, but it's something I really believe so I donated $35 to NORML. It was worth it though because I got a t-shirt, a button, and now I'm on their mailing list so I get letters in the mail with interesting news.

11. after i start working again i want to atleast send $30-50.

12. Join NORML!

13. I'm in the UT-K chapter of NORML. You ought to come on down sometime, Rumjil. Actually, there are a couple other chapters starting in east Tennessee that we're trying to help get going. Everyone in Knoxville should come support the NORML kegger on friday night. Help us make a little money to buy more envelopes and stamps for our current letter writing campaign.

14. and to all of you "Bum and only smokes"

This country belongs to the people and whenever they shall grow weary of their government they can exercise their constitutional right to amend it, or revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it. -- Abraham Lincoln

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little. -- Edmund Burke

The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the Prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this. -- Albert Einstein

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature. -- Helen Keller

The hottest seats in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crises, choose to do nothing. -- Dante Alighieri

All that is essential for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Just a few quotes. One of the best one's up there is "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do little." Get involved. Things don't change themselves. By letting things go on, you are supporting the current laws, rather than reform.

15. ^^^^^^

Amen.

16. used to be.......

waste of time and money.

17. Been a member for going on 6 years now.

18. I know lots of people hwho have bad experiences with NORML, bad advice, slow acting, unacting in some cases. But a subdued voice is better than no voice maybe?

19. I've donated to NORML, but I haven't seen enough proof that they are making a much of a difference.

Could some of you NORML members enlighten us as to what is happening?

I really think that a constant effort to show the public that we mean no harm is something that has to be done.

Isn't it obvious that we aren't littering the world with our marijuana waste? We aren't causing society any inordinate amount of problems of any sort, yet the cops will jump at the chance to throw us down and stick a knee in our sholders.Shame--

Spread the word and stay civilized. MJ use is increasing as our government wastes our money fighting to stop us from enjoying that constitutional right of "pursuit of happiness".

20. I used to contribute to several organizations.

Not any more.

A waste or time and cash.

Don't waste your energy on legalization - rather ..........become a better criminal.

roach