Active THC in blood

Discussion in 'General' started by Pitphanatic, May 23, 2016.

1. Hey guys so I just got a job which requires me to drive a vehicle around all the time. It's a non DOT job and is a state job and I didn't need a specialized licence for the vehicle. It's just a regular truck. Now I was aware if we get in an accident we have to get drug tested which I was okay with because I always keep a bottle of quick fix urine on me just in case I have to get driven down. My co worker who is an ex pot smoker says they do blood as well. In my head I was getting nervous about the job again because I cant cheat a blood test. So I know they perform the blood test to see if you have any Active THC in your system and give you a urine test to find the metabolite. My question is how long does THC stay active in your system. I don't care about the metabolite in my blood because they are testing for impairment. When it comes to urine I'll just sub. So what I started doing (please let me know if this is reasonable) is cutting down my smoking days to about 3 days a week. Allowing myself 48 hours of sobriety (before getting behind the wheel) to let the active levels of THC in my blood to drop. Then I plan on subbing for the urine test. After my weekend shifts. Blaze up for a couple days. Then sober up again. My next question is I'm also a medical marijuana card holder and I live in Nevada. I understand the policy that since weed isn't federally legal I can't just smoke and get any job. However I did notice a sign in our shop saying if you have a medical card it does not protect you if you drive a federal vehicle. It did not mention state vehicle. My job seems pretty MJ friendly (as most guys either smoke/have smoked/or want to). I just don't know how protected I am here. I've read laws that they don't have to accommodate me smoking on the job which I don't anyway. So anyways if not I'm just gonna hope after 48 hours Active THC is out of my blood or at least under the levels of impairment. I also don't want to be the guinea pig to ask my boss the what if's of a medical marijuana card.

2. Most of the time they test you on the spot, they don't usually drive you somewhere.:coolalt:

3. They drive you to Quest out here. Unfortunately with more research I found they test for the metabolite as well (at least I think) but thinking is a risk itself. Gotta cut myself back to about 2 days a week.