Active Duty to Navy Reserve

Discussion in 'General' started by danteD, Sep 20, 2010.

1. I am in Hospital Corps School right now and 1/2 way done. I am learning a lot of the ACTUAL medical job skills and enjoying it, but I can not seem to get a hold on anything military. I can never seem to do anything right when it comes to military customs, courtesies, etc. I definitely know that the medical field IS for me, but I am not sure about doing it in a military setting. I know I can't get out of my contract (nor am I trying to), but I was wondering if I could change it to reserves.

2. It only works the other way around (Reserve to Active)

Keep your head up, you'll realize its the easiest job you've ever had

3. its not like being in call of duty (that being said, I have no knowledge of your position or what your even expected to do LOL)

4. I've got the utmost respect for you Navy Corpsman as they are entrenched with the Marines. Unfortunately you signed an Active Duty contract and anything short of you getting accepted to Medical School, your stuck. Ride it out bro and get your ass into every possible upgrade or cross training to better market yourself upon an honorable discharge. Good luck man, your gonna love going port to port in exotic countries. This is your see the World for free contract...

5. man it seems like alot of blades are in the military, i didnt even know :p

6. Yeah the USMC doesn't have a medical MOS so they use the Navy for that. You should be pretty safe with the Marines around you. Good luck with everything.