Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

active chemical in green tea?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gman7104, Aug 3, 2009.

1. anyone know the active chemical in green tea that gets you the nice relaxing buzz? Is there a way to make it work without smoking it? I love the buzz, it's extremely relaxing and helps me sleep, but I HATE smoking it, I can't stand the smoke. It stinks like hell, it "burns" my airways (sinuses, ears) the smoke is harsh and makes me sick, all in all, smoking it is very unpleasent, but the after effects are awesome, so I was wondering if there was another way to extract the chemical that causes the buzz.

2. umm theres this thing called tea you can make with it, its quite common actually im surprised you never heard of it

3. Making it into tea dosen't have the buzz effect.

4. really? green tea is usually refered to as relaxing and i never smoked it lol imma try that i guess u sure it snot placebo...?

5. I bought a box of green tea at store today, so no, it's not tobacco :p

6. i got no green, just roibos and black so nvm for now but imma try it sooner or later

7. it's very relaxing, but the smoke sucks imo.

8. um, it's called caffeine

9. I can't find information from any reputable source on smoking green tea. I can't recommend inhaling the combustion byproducts of anything that hasn't been thoroughly researched. Those exact benefits can and frequently are attained by using green tea in the conventional manner (ie drinking). I'd stick to steeping if I were you.