Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Activated Charcoal???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Joe3ltc, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Has anyone ever heard of using this to pass a drug test? A friend of mine's uncle, who is a doctor, swears it works, but it seems fishy..

2. It works, but if you're on any other sort of medication be wary because it can mess that up super easy

Sent from my moto g(6) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. This is true but there are ways around this. I stopping taking it between Noon - 4 pm and take all my meds at 2 pm. I like to take 4.5 grams hourly from 4 am to noon and from 4 pm to 7 pm for a total of ~60 grams a day (not including the 30 grams during meals) as of right now. Currently, I am seeing if taking charcoal daily will lower the amount of time that is needed to detox and how my body tolerates a high dose of charcoal for an extended period of time. So far, I have seen no ill effects. Also, I am taking it in pill form but will be changing that because buying it in bulk in non-pill form is much cheaper and can just be add to a drink. For example, I just ordered 15 pounds for $150 which is about 40 bottles of 900 mg 200 count costing $7 a bottle totalling $280. I buy the charcoal in pill form in bulk to get it for only $7 a bottle. Amazon sells it for about $11 for a bottle of 500 mg 100 count.

4. From an older post of mine:

I think it is safe to say most people would agree that fiber helps to detox you. Now, what if I told you that activated charcoal is 1,000 times better. No bull, it is a fact. An in vitro experiment on the interaction of charcoal or wheat bran with 11-nor-9-carboxy-Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol and its glucuronide. - PubMed - NCBI In this study they compared fiber with activated charcoal what they found was this: it takes 250 grams of fiber to adsorb 1,000 ng of THC-COOH, but it only took 5 mg of activated charcoal to adsorb 1,000 ng of THC-COOH. THC-COOH is the molecule that drug tests look for MJ use. To beat a drug test, you must eliminate THC-COOH from the body. Your body can do this naturally, but it takes a long time.

Now some people like to point out that charcoal can’t grab THC-COOH from the fat cell and that is true. What they lack to understand is the body releases THC-COOH all the time from the fat cells. It is a cycle going like this: fat -> liver -> (via bile) GI tract -> blood -> back to the fat cell. During this cycle, THC-COOH is released via poop when it is in the GI tract and through the urine when it is in the blood. When you stop smoking the THC-COOH levels lowers as you use the bathroom. Another point people miss is the THC-COOH is NOT stored inside of the fat cell but on the outside of it. If it were stored on the inside of the cell people would test positive for MJ for years! What about a person adding fat, wouldn't test positive at all.

Back to fiber and activated charcoal. Let’s look at this a bit closer. I take a 900 mg pill of charcoal. How much would that adsorb of THC-COOH? The math looks like this: 5mg/1000 ng of THC-COOH = 900mg/x. Solve for x, and we find that 900 mg of charcoal will take 180,000 ng of THC-COOH. How much fiber would it take to adsorb 180,000 ng of THC-COOH? Again, the math would look like this: 250 grams/1000 ng of THC-COOH = x/180,000 ng of THC-COOH. Solve for x, and we find that you would need to eat 45,000 grams of fiber. That is 45 Kilos or 99.2 pounds of fiber to equal one pill of charcoal.

5. I know I’m a few years late but It’s really sad to see so many people can’t open a scientific journal that explains enterohepatic circulation because your absolutely correct. I am currently trying charcoal now and hope to see good results.