Activated Carbon as Diffuser Beads?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by kfx450r, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Would this work? People whove used the carbon filter adapters say it feels like a cleaner hit and helps with the smell. So how bout putting a bunch in the bottom of a bong (homemade in my case) with or without water to help filter the smoke and make it smell less?

2. lol i think GCity was down for a few mins there.
    but yah without water woudl be sick
    i made a thread about filling like a pill bottle style a/c with it
    im thinking it would be better to grind it down to powder.
    i dont see why it wouldnt work.
    from what ive read, its not good to filter through wet charcoal.

3. Yah, every "carbon filter" guide clearly said to dry the carbon so thats why i put with/without water. Id be fine even without water, sounds like a good idea might have to dry it. Walmart has a half gallon of activated carbon for only like 7$ and it should only take like half a cup of it to fill the bottom of a bong.

4. one thing i should point out after thinking about this a bit, lol, is that be careful not to pul too hard that the carbon comes up with the smoke. i havent tried it yet, but thats the only real flaw i could think of. it came to me after wondering about powdered in an a/c

5. Yah i dont think id try it with it in a powder, that shit would most likely get all dusty in the bong with the bubbles and fly everywhere. Plus if its bad to use with water then id rather it in as big of rocks i can get so it'll also diffuse the smoke aswell as reduce the smell.