Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Activated Carbon Air Filter?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kingape46, Aug 5, 2009.

1. So i have been reading these forums for some time now and i have come across the phrase "Activated Carbon" multiple times. I have tried to do some research and find out more about them but to my dismay have been unsuccessful. So what are they? How do they work? How much are they? How can i make one? and anything else you know about them that you think is useful please share. Thx :)

2. Air filter is for growing weed. It goes in your grow area and then the air is pushed or pulled by a blower or fan. The air then passes through the carbon which scrubs the air. This is done to contain the smell of growing marijuana. You can make one but often is better to buy. Ill post some links for you.
    High Tech Garden Supply

Easy to Build DIY Carbon Filter - Marijuana Growing

3. wow you just covered every question i had. Thx man

4. no prob, glad to help.

5. It could also be a chamber on a peice that goes onto the downstem of a bong and hold activated charcoal to filter the smoke

6. Yea definitely don't go putting that stuff into your downstem, if you're feeling risky, you could try putting a pouch of some on top of your ice pinch, but not in your downstem man, that's asking for drag and trouble.