Action in Uganda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mr Info, Oct 28, 2011.

1. What do you guys think will become of it? Obviously "war" (or political action, what ever the kids call it now) , but into how much depth?

2. We need to invade Canada!

3. Wouldn't we rather invade a neighbors natural resources instead of going across the globe for it? It doesn't make sense to me.

4. It's because people care much less when it's someone they don't know

5. what doesn't make sense to me is how you can even think that through and post it..

what neighbor has more oil resources than middle east?
    what neighbor has no military, air force, and is no threat to of invasion on us like middle east?
    what pretenses for war/invasion could we think of? no radical islam in canada and mexico

why go across the globe? well money isn't an issue, neither is travel.

so why 3rd world islam nations? no retaliation, no threat, we've fucked with them and their oil for decades with no problems using the same military intervention and covert tactics, they might speak out that we're robbing and lying..but nobody would believe them like canada or mexico. they make an easier boogeyman, they DO commit terrorism...especially after we occupy so that's more of a reason to stay.

also we can't really bomb mexico or canada, we couldn't occupy them to the extend we occupy middle east, we wouldn't be able to deploy and buy as many tanks and guns and bombs and planes as we do in the middle east.

and we've probably already made deals with countries in central and south america for their oil, VS middle east where the leaders tend to want most profits, not accept $, or control it 100% themselves.

6. Money is a big issue. Going to war in the middle east, transporting our military back and forth, up and down all around the world is whats going to literally bankrupt our country. These wars, and the idea of cutting taxes to the lowest they have ever been is an awful fucking idea. Now, if we were going to go to war with some country for oil...Canada has one of the largest oil sands and its not that far away! Oil sands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. ^^ we already buy most of our oil from canada and mexico on the cheap...
    i don't think invading them for it is a very good idea.

8. yeah man i already said we probably have trade agreements with them that benefit us

no shit it's an awful idea, not more awful than war with canada..like i said these people are defenseless and it's more profits over there if we control it directly or with an installed leader...

you trolling??? unnecessary overseas deployment is something the gov excels at...overseas war costs nothing more than a plane ticket, it's free to live there, of course we spend a lot for living needs and housing, but that's at any country during war

9. [​IMG]

10. I thought it was pretty obvious lol. This seems to be one of those opportunistic trollings. :p

11. Today on GC I learned.

War mongering is okay, so long as there is natural resources for the taking.

12. Liberals and progressives need to stop invading and bombing other peoples countries.